Sign in with
Your question

5.4hz Wireless Connectivity Issue *Please Help*

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 10, 2012 12:59:40 AM

I've been beating my head against a wall on this issue for weeks now, and Cisco/Linksys has been absolutely no help to me at all, so I'm hoping I can get help here...

I have a Cisco E3200 wireless dual-band router, and a TP-Link TL-WDN4800 dual-band pci express adapter in my pc.

The issue I am having is whenever I connect to my 5ghz ssid my connection will be great for a few minutes and then it will drop off. The signal appears to remain, but the speed/transmittion rate/whatever drops off to nothing. When this happens, I can reconnect to my 2.4ghz connection and it's fine.

Linksys support went round and round with me and got me nowhere. My ssid is different for my 5ghz connection, I tried all the channels available to my router, and tried the various options for channel width to no avail, and the drivers/firmware are up-to-date on both my router and my card.

Im just stuck here... I don't want to just blindly spend money on cards if it's a setting issue, but I have no idea if that is what the problem is.

Please help!

Thanks.
!