Speaking of Behringer

Tags:
Last response: in Home Audio
April 8, 2005 1:27:29 PM

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 07:12:31 GMT, "Trevor Wilson"
<trevor@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au> wrote:

>Has anyone tried this:
>
>http://www.behringer.com/DCX2496/index.cfm?lang=ENG
>
>Any problems?

I've seen such boxes in use. They seem to work, and can be useful
where multiple speaker sets are appropriate.

In a domestic setting I guess the problem would be a temptation to set
up too many speakers and fiddle too much with the sound. Rarely
productive :-)
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 4:33:47 PM

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 07:12:31 GMT, "Trevor Wilson"
<trevor@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au> wrote:

>Any problems?

Not if you set it up properly, preferably using the optional AES/EBU digital
input (if not level setting can be a bitch). Eq should be sensibly applied.
April 9, 2005 5:35:39 PM

"Trevor Wilson" <trevor@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
> Has anyone tried this:
>
> http://www.behringer.com/DCX2496/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Yes.
I haven't used one in a home setup though, but plan to do so.

> Any problems?

Not really.
Nice to see you are overcoming your hatred of Behringer :-)

MrT.
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 5:44:07 PM

"Fran├žois Yves Le Gal" <flegal@aingeal.com> wrote in message
> Not if you set it up properly, preferably using the optional AES/EBU
digital
> input (if not level setting can be a bitch).

I can't see why?
And the AES/EBU input is standard, not optional. Although I guess any
"input" can be considered optional :-)

MrT.
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 5:44:08 PM

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 13:44:07 +1000, "Mr.T" <MrT@home> wrote:

>I can't see why?

Full dynamic range, no noise, no clipping...

>And the AES/EBU input is standard, not optional.

My wording wasn't clear : the default configuration is all analog, and
you've got to activate the AES/EBU input.
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 2:15:36 AM

"Mr.T" <MrT@home> wrote in message

> "Trevor Wilson" <trevor@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
>> Has anyone tried this:
>>
>> http://www.behringer.com/DCX2496/index.cfm?lang=ENG
>
> Yes.
> I haven't used one in a home setup though, but plan to do so.

**You have direct experience with that particular product? Your words
suggest that you do not. I am familiar with (some) Behringer products. The
actual performance (in some cases) does not live up to the hype.

>> Any problems?
>
> Not really.

**So, you HAVE experienced that particular product?

> Nice to see you are overcoming your hatred of Behringer :-)

**I don't "hate" Behringer. I hate stupidity. Stupidity is (for instance)
assuming that a product which is not yet available (nor are any specs, for
that not yet available product) will be suitable for a given purpose.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

> >I can't see why?
>
> Full dynamic range, no noise, no clipping...

How is that a problem?

MrT.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 4:03:21 PM

> "Mr.T" <MrT@home> wrote in message
> > "Trevor Wilson" <trevor@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
> >> Has anyone tried this:
> >> http://www.behringer.com/DCX2496/index.cfm?lang=ENG
> > Yes.
> > I haven't used one in a home setup though, but plan to do so.

> **You have direct experience with that particular product? Your words
> suggest that you do not.

You should read more closely. I HAVE used one for PA applications.
I haven't used one for HiFi applications.
Clear now?

> I am familiar with (some) Behringer products. The
> actual performance (in some cases) does not live up to the hype.

Yes your distaste for Behringer has been posted in previous threads.
IMO Behringer ***more*** than lives up to the price! (in the vast majority
of cases anyway)

> > Nice to see you are overcoming your hatred of Behringer :-)

> **I don't "hate" Behringer. I hate stupidity. Stupidity is (for instance)
> assuming that a product which is not yet available (nor are any specs, for
> that not yet available product) will be suitable for a given purpose.

Or assuming someone means something other than what they have actually
written!
You should ask if you are not sure what is meant.

MrT.
!