Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

K700i SyncStation?

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
Share
September 28, 2004 2:16:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

What the heck is a SyncStation, and do I really need one to update my
firmware from the website? I have a bluetooth connection - is that enough?

<=[BC]=>

More about : k700i syncstation

Anonymous
September 28, 2004 2:16:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:16:04 +1200, "BC"
<animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote:

>What the heck is a SyncStation, and do I really need one to update my
>firmware from the website? I have a bluetooth connection - is that enough?
>
><=[BC]=>
>
>
no, cos when the firmware is updating it sometimes needs to switch
everything off and will switch bluetooth off too, therefore unable to
communicate with it, cables however get into the phone and can play
with the firmware even when it is turned off (i beleive the update on
SE site requires the phone to be kept on).

Maybe a phone shop that does the firmware can do a better explanation
to mine but its basically it needs a stable connection.
-----
sms text addict? www.smstextaddict.co.uk
been_bluejacked? www.bluejackaddict.co.uk
-----
September 28, 2004 7:02:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"smstextaddict.co.uk (smstextaddict co uk (remove _fishyknickers_ to
reply))" <toptaz2k_fishyknickers_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:4157f5b5.1937666@usenet.plus.net...
> On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:16:04 +1200, "BC"
> <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote:
>
>>What the heck is a SyncStation, and do I really need one to update my
>>firmware from the website? I have a bluetooth connection - is that
>>enough?

> no, cos when the firmware is updating it sometimes needs to switch
> everything off and will switch bluetooth off too, therefore unable to
> communicate with it, cables however get into the phone and can play
> with the firmware even when it is turned off (i beleive the update on
> SE site requires the phone to be kept on).
>
> Maybe a phone shop that does the firmware can do a better explanation
> to mine but its basically it needs a stable connection.

No, you did just fine. That made perfect sense... damn, this means I'll
have to try and find one of these SyncStation thingies - and I KNOW they're
gonna be expensive...

<=[BC]=>
Related resources
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 7:02:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"BC" <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote in message
news:cj9a32$4j7$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
>
> "smstextaddict.co.uk (smstextaddict co uk (remove _fishyknickers_ to
> reply))" <toptaz2k_fishyknickers_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:4157f5b5.1937666@usenet.plus.net...
> > On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:16:04 +1200, "BC"
> > <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote:
> >
> >>What the heck is a SyncStation, and do I really need one to update my
> >>firmware from the website? I have a bluetooth connection - is that
> >>enough?
>
> > no, cos when the firmware is updating it sometimes needs to switch
> > everything off and will switch bluetooth off too, therefore unable to
> > communicate with it, cables however get into the phone and can play
> > with the firmware even when it is turned off (i beleive the update on
> > SE site requires the phone to be kept on).
> >
> > Maybe a phone shop that does the firmware can do a better explanation
> > to mine but its basically it needs a stable connection.
>
> No, you did just fine. That made perfect sense... damn, this means I'll
> have to try and find one of these SyncStation thingies - and I KNOW
they're
> gonna be expensive...
>
In the UK 30 quid from the SE website...
http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=400...

--
Cheers, Steve.
Change from jealous to sad to reply.
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 7:02:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

or £10 off ebay




"Steve Dulieu" <steve.dulieu@greenyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:xkW5d.27$TP4.7@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>
> "BC" <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote in message
> news:cj9a32$4j7$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
> >
> > "smstextaddict.co.uk (smstextaddict co uk (remove _fishyknickers_ to
> > reply))" <toptaz2k_fishyknickers_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:4157f5b5.1937666@usenet.plus.net...
> > > On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:16:04 +1200, "BC"
> > > <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote:
> > >
> > >>What the heck is a SyncStation, and do I really need one to update my
> > >>firmware from the website? I have a bluetooth connection - is that
> > >>enough?
> >
> > > no, cos when the firmware is updating it sometimes needs to switch
> > > everything off and will switch bluetooth off too, therefore unable to
> > > communicate with it, cables however get into the phone and can play
> > > with the firmware even when it is turned off (i beleive the update on
> > > SE site requires the phone to be kept on).
> > >
> > > Maybe a phone shop that does the firmware can do a better explanation
> > > to mine but its basically it needs a stable connection.
> >
> > No, you did just fine. That made perfect sense... damn, this means
I'll
> > have to try and find one of these SyncStation thingies - and I KNOW
> they're
> > gonna be expensive...
> >
> In the UK 30 quid from the SE website...
>
http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=400...
ne=pp&lm=pp4_1&pid=10161
>
> --
> Cheers, Steve.
> Change from jealous to sad to reply.
>
>
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 2:34:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

how to check the firmware version for k700i ?>???


"smstextaddict.co.uk (smstextaddict co uk (remove _fishyknickers_ to
reply))" <toptaz2k_fishyknickers_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:4157f5b5.1937666@usenet.plus.net...
> On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:16:04 +1200, "BC"
> <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote:
>
> >What the heck is a SyncStation, and do I really need one to update my
> >firmware from the website? I have a bluetooth connection - is that
enough?
> >
> ><=[BC]=>
> >
> >
> no, cos when the firmware is updating it sometimes needs to switch
> everything off and will switch bluetooth off too, therefore unable to
> communicate with it, cables however get into the phone and can play
> with the firmware even when it is turned off (i beleive the update on
> SE site requires the phone to be kept on).
>
> Maybe a phone shop that does the firmware can do a better explanation
> to mine but its basically it needs a stable connection.
> -----
> sms text addict? www.smstextaddict.co.uk
> been_bluejacked? www.bluejackaddict.co.uk
> -----
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 10:36:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:34:59 +0800, "Cason" <cason@dunmail.me.my>
wrote:

>how to check the firmware version for k700i ?>???
>
i think its >*<<*<*< and then service option the > and < represents
presiing the joystick left or right.
-----
sms text addict? www.smstextaddict.co.uk
been_bluejacked? www.bluejackaddict.co.uk
-----
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 10:41:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:28:29 GMT, "Steve Dulieu"
<steve.dulieu@greenyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>
>"BC" <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote in message
>news:cj9a32$4j7$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
>>
>> "smstextaddict.co.uk (smstextaddict co uk (remove _fishyknickers_ to
>> reply))" <toptaz2k_fishyknickers_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:4157f5b5.1937666@usenet.plus.net...
>> > On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:16:04 +1200, "BC"
>> > <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote:
>> >
>> >>What the heck is a SyncStation, and do I really need one to update my
>> >>firmware from the website? I have a bluetooth connection - is that
>> >>enough?
>>
>> > no, cos when the firmware is updating it sometimes needs to switch
>> > everything off and will switch bluetooth off too, therefore unable to
>> > communicate with it, cables however get into the phone and can play
>> > with the firmware even when it is turned off (i beleive the update on
>> > SE site requires the phone to be kept on).
>> >
>> > Maybe a phone shop that does the firmware can do a better explanation
>> > to mine but its basically it needs a stable connection.
>>
>> No, you did just fine. That made perfect sense... damn, this means I'll
>> have to try and find one of these SyncStation thingies - and I KNOW
>they're
>> gonna be expensive...
>>
>In the UK 30 quid from the SE website...
>http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=400...
>
>--
>Cheers, Steve.
>Change from jealous to sad to reply.
>
>
Whats that site that you can search for the cheapest things? i did a
search on that and got one for around £10 genuine SE sync station
dss-25
-----
sms text addict? www.smstextaddict.co.uk
been_bluejacked? www.bluejackaddict.co.uk
-----
September 29, 2004 2:43:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

Has anyone USED the firmware update service yet. How was it ?
It's seems like a great idea to be able to do it yourself

It's another plus point for the S700i - getting tempted now!!

Really wanted a K700i but the memory put me off - shame cos it's a lovely
phone and a great successor to the T610
> -----

--
Regards

Hays
K700i, T630 & T610 Housings in stock now!!
www.phonepro.go.to


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.770 / Virus Database: 517 - Release Date: 27/09/2004
September 29, 2004 4:15:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"Cason" <cason@dunmail.me.my> wrote in message
news:4158cdd6$1_2@news.tm.net.my...
> how to check the firmware version for k700i ?>???

(right joystick), '*", (left),(left),'*',(left),'*'

Follow the steps above to access a service menu thingie...

The info SHOULD be in there somewhere...

<=[BC]=>
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 7:24:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

hays wrote:
> Has anyone USED the firmware update service yet. How was it ?

Several times, on several K700i's. Works fine. Some people have
experienced problems due to missing Java support, others have problems
with their PC's firewall. All issues I have read about have been resolved.

The mobile provider O2 does not currently support home update. I'm not
sure what the status is on Vodafone at the moment, but they were not as
quick as all the other providers in supporting home update.
!