K700i SyncStation?

What the heck is a SyncStation, and do I really need one to update my
firmware from the website? I have a bluetooth connection - is that enough?

<=[BC]=>
10 answers Last reply
More about k700i syncstation

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:16:04 +1200, "BC"
    <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote:

    >What the heck is a SyncStation, and do I really need one to update my
    >firmware from the website? I have a bluetooth connection - is that enough?
    >
    ><=[BC]=>

    no, cos when the firmware is updating it sometimes needs to switch
    everything off and will switch bluetooth off too, therefore unable to
    communicate with it, cables however get into the phone and can play
    with the firmware even when it is turned off (i beleive the update on
    SE site requires the phone to be kept on).

    Maybe a phone shop that does the firmware can do a better explanation
    to mine but its basically it needs a stable connection.
    -----
    sms text addict? www.smstextaddict.co.uk
    been_bluejacked? www.bluejackaddict.co.uk
    -----

    "smstextaddict.co.uk (smstextaddict co uk (remove _fishyknickers_ to
    reply))" <toptaz2k_fishyknickers_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:16:04 +1200, "BC"
    > <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote:
    >
    >>What the heck is a SyncStation, and do I really need one to update my
    >>firmware from the website? I have a bluetooth connection - is that
    >>enough?

    > no, cos when the firmware is updating it sometimes needs to switch
    > everything off and will switch bluetooth off too, therefore unable to
    > communicate with it, cables however get into the phone and can play
    > with the firmware even when it is turned off (i beleive the update on
    > SE site requires the phone to be kept on).
    >
    > Maybe a phone shop that does the firmware can do a better explanation
    > to mine but its basically it needs a stable connection.

    No, you did just fine. That made perfect sense... damn, this means I'll
    have to try and find one of these SyncStation thingies - and I KNOW they're
    gonna be expensive...

    <=[BC]=>

    "BC" <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote in message

    > "smstextaddict.co.uk (smstextaddict co uk (remove _fishyknickers_ to
    > reply))" <toptaz2k_fishyknickers_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:16:04 +1200, "BC"
    > > <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote:
    > >
    > >>What the heck is a SyncStation, and do I really need one to update my
    > >>firmware from the website? I have a bluetooth connection - is that
    > >>enough?
    >
    > > no, cos when the firmware is updating it sometimes needs to switch
    > > everything off and will switch bluetooth off too, therefore unable to
    > > communicate with it, cables however get into the phone and can play
    > > with the firmware even when it is turned off (i beleive the update on
    > > SE site requires the phone to be kept on).
    > >
    > > Maybe a phone shop that does the firmware can do a better explanation
    > > to mine but its basically it needs a stable connection.
    >
    > No, you did just fine. That made perfect sense... damn, this means I'll
    > have to try and find one of these SyncStation thingies - and I KNOW
    they're
    > gonna be expensive...

    In the UK 30 quid from the SE website...
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pp4_1_1&zone=pp&lm=pp4_1&pid=10161

    --
    Cheers, Steve.
    Change from jealous to sad to reply.

    or £10 off ebay

    "Steve Dulieu" <steve.dulieu@greenyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "BC" <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "smstextaddict.co.uk (smstextaddict co uk (remove _fishyknickers_ to
    > > reply))" <toptaz2k_fishyknickers_@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > > > no, cos when the firmware is updating it sometimes needs to switch
    > > > everything off and will switch bluetooth off too, therefore unable to
    > > > communicate with it, cables however get into the phone and can play
    > > > with the firmware even when it is turned off (i beleive the update on
    > > > SE site requires the phone to be kept on).
    > > >
    > > > Maybe a phone shop that does the firmware can do a better explanation
    > > > to mine but its basically it needs a stable connection.
    > >
    > > No, you did just fine. That made perfect sense... damn, this means
    I'll
    > > have to try and find one of these SyncStation thingies - and I KNOW
    > they're
    > > gonna be expensive...
    > >
    > In the UK 30 quid from the SE website...

    http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pp4_1_1&zo
    ne=pp&lm=pp4_1&pid=10161

    > --
    > Cheers, Steve.
    > Change from jealous to sad to reply.

    how to check the firmware version for k700i ?>???

    On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:34:59 +0800, "Cason" <cason@dunmail.me.my>
    wrote:

    >how to check the firmware version for k700i ?>???

    i think its >*<<*<*< and then service option the > and < represents
    presiing the joystick left or right.
    -----
    sms text addict? www.smstextaddict.co.uk
    been_bluejacked? www.bluejackaddict.co.uk
    -----

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:28:29 GMT, "Steve Dulieu"
    <steve.dulieu@greenyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >"BC" <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "smstextaddict.co.uk (smstextaddict co uk (remove _fishyknickers_ to
    >> reply))" <toptaz2k_fishyknickers_@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >> > no, cos when the firmware is updating it sometimes needs to switch
    >> > everything off and will switch bluetooth off too, therefore unable to
    >> > communicate with it, cables however get into the phone and can play
    >> > with the firmware even when it is turned off (i beleive the update on
    >> > SE site requires the phone to be kept on).
    >> >
    >> > Maybe a phone shop that does the firmware can do a better explanation
    >> > to mine but its basically it needs a stable connection.
    >>
    >> No, you did just fine. That made perfect sense... damn, this means I'll
    >> have to try and find one of these SyncStation thingies - and I KNOW
    >they're
    >> gonna be expensive...
    >>
    >In the UK 30 quid from the SE website...
    >http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pp4_1_1&zone=pp&lm=pp4_1&pid=10161
    >
    >--
    >Cheers, Steve.
    >Change from jealous to sad to reply.

    Whats that site that you can search for the cheapest things? i did a
    search on that and got one for around £10 genuine SE sync station
    dss-25
    -----
    sms text addict? www.smstextaddict.co.uk
    been_bluejacked? www.bluejackaddict.co.uk
    -----

    Has anyone USED the firmware update service yet. How was it ?
    It's seems like a great idea to be able to do it yourself

    It's another plus point for the S700i - getting tempted now!!

    Really wanted a K700i but the memory put me off - shame cos it's a lovely
    phone and a great successor to the T610

    --
    Regards

    Hays
    K700i, T630 & T610 Housings in stock now!!
    www.phonepro.go.to

    ---

    "Cason" <cason@dunmail.me.my> wrote in message
    > how to check the firmware version for k700i ?>???

    (right joystick), '*", (left),(left),'*',(left),'*'

    Follow the steps above to access a service menu thingie...

    The info SHOULD be in there somewhere...

    <=[BC]=>
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    hays wrote:
    > Has anyone USED the firmware update service yet. How was it ?

    Several times, on several K700i's. Works fine. Some people have
    experienced problems due to missing Java support, others have problems
    with their PC's firewall. All issues I have read about have been resolved.

    The mobile provider O2 does not currently support home update. I'm not
    sure what the status is on Vodafone at the moment, but they were not as
    quick as all the other providers in supporting home update.

Ericsson