K700i handsfree problem

Last response: in Brands
September 30, 2004 9:09:22 PM

I have a K700i and a Jabra 250 BT headset. I have set the phone up to switch
to 'in car' profile with the headset connected. However, when I place a call
a message always appears on the screen asking me if I wish to retrieve the
call in the phone - yes or no.

Is this normal?

Many thanks

Ted
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 5:32:36 PM

Ted Rogers wrote:
> I have a K700i and a Jabra 250 BT headset. I have set the phone up to switch
> to 'in car' profile with the headset connected. However, when I place a call
> a message always appears on the screen asking me if I wish to retrieve the
> call in the phone - yes or no.
>
> Is this normal?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Ted

I have this too, with an SE BT headset. I think this is a useful
feature. If you remain passive, the phone defaults to 'No', so what is
the problem?
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 7:34:52 PM

> I have this too, with an SE BT headset. I think this is a useful
> feature. If you remain passive, the phone defaults to 'No', so what is
> the problem?

I didn't realise that it defaulted to 'no' - I was always too quick to press
the 'no' option myself. It seems a pointless feature myself and wish there
was a way of taking it off.

Ted
October 1, 2004 9:07:58 PM

"Ted Rogers" <ted@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > I have this too, with an SE BT headset. I think this is a useful
> > feature. If you remain passive, the phone defaults to 'No', so what is
> > the problem?
> >
> I didn't realise that it defaulted to 'no' - I was always too quick to
press
> the 'no' option myself. It seems a pointless feature myself and wish there
> was a way of taking it off.

When the battery is low in the headset the feature is useful to retrieve the
call back on the handset.
Anonymous
October 2, 2004 9:13:47 AM

"Ted Rogers" <ted@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<1096641294.6166.0@eunomia.uk.clara.net>...
> > I have this too, with an SE BT headset. I think this is a useful
> > feature. If you remain passive, the phone defaults to 'No', so what is
> > the problem?
> >
> I didn't realise that it defaulted to 'no' - I was always too quick to press
> the 'no' option myself. It seems a pointless feature myself and wish there
> was a way of taking it off.

Like most things on a SE phone, it's a switchable feature. Some like
you find it pointless, some like me find it useful. Reading the
owner's manual will tell you how to preset the phone always to place
the call in the handset, always to place it in the headset/carkit, or
always to ask. Simple.
!