  • Modem
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Brands
October 1, 2004 2:15:31 AM

I'd like to manually setup a dialup networking connection in Windows
XP Pro for my Ericsson T39m over GPRS (T-Mobile). I've got the DCU-10
cable, which was auto-recognized upon insertion by XP (as a DCU-11,
but seems to work fine) and installed on COM13. The phone is found
just fine by floAT's Mobile Agent. But it's not listed under Windows
XP's Device Manager, and Windows XP can't find it when I do a search
for new hardware. Is the modem driver available standalone anywhere,
or do I have to (gulp) install the Sony Ericsson/Extended Systems
Connection Suite in order to get it on my system?

Neither Bluetooth or IR are preinstalled on this Windows notebook (a
Fujitsu Lifebook-P2040). I can use the phone-as-modem just fine over
Bluetooth on my Apple PowerBook.

Thanks in advance!
Brian Dipert
Technical Editor: Mass Storage, Memory, Multimedia, PC Core Logic and Peripherals, and Programmable Logic
EDN Magazine: http://www.edn.com
5000 V Street
Sacramento, CA 95817
(916) 454-5242 (voice), (617) 558-4470 (fax)
***REMOVE 'NOSPAM.' FROM EMAIL ADDRESS TO REPLY***
mailto:bdipert@NOSPAM.pacbell.net
Visit me at http://www.bdipert.com

More about : t39m modem driver windows

Anonymous
October 2, 2004 9:26:50 PM

Brian Dipert wrote:
> I'd like to manually setup a dialup networking connection in Windows
> XP Pro for my Ericsson T39m over GPRS (T-Mobile). I've got the DCU-10
> cable, which was auto-recognized upon insertion by XP (as a DCU-11,
> but seems to work fine) and installed on COM13. The phone is found
> just fine by floAT's Mobile Agent. But it's not listed under Windows
> XP's Device Manager, and Windows XP can't find it when I do a search
> for new hardware. Is the modem driver available standalone anywhere,
> or do I have to (gulp) install the Sony Ericsson/Extended Systems
> Connection Suite in order to get it on my system?

Havn't tried this ...

But have a look at this download:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=au&lc=en&ver=400...

While it claims to be for InfraRed, it also seems to be a driver for
cable/BT connected phones.

Download, unzip, right-click, Install, Go through the Add New Hardware
wizard, "Yes I've connected the hardware", Add a new hardware device,
manually from a list, Modem, Don't auto detect (Manual select), Choose
Ericsson, T39 Cable Modem.

There were various versions of the SE Connection suite - some that just
contained the comms stuff, others that included the full kit and
kaboodle. There might still be one around that just includes the modem
software.

If you don't see the Ericsson drivers, then obviously my computer has
been affected by various S/E installs Ive made.

Good luck!
October 3, 2004 6:15:21 PM

I have a T39 that needs unblocking - can anyone help?

Regards

ARMAPE
"Mal" <Mal_Murray@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Brian Dipert wrote:
>> I'd like to manually setup a dialup networking connection in Windows
>> XP Pro for my Ericsson T39m over GPRS (T-Mobile). I've got the DCU-10
>> cable, which was auto-recognized upon insertion by XP (as a DCU-11,
>> but seems to work fine) and installed on COM13. The phone is found
>> just fine by floAT's Mobile Agent. But it's not listed under Windows
>> XP's Device Manager, and Windows XP can't find it when I do a search
>> for new hardware. Is the modem driver available standalone anywhere,
>> or do I have to (gulp) install the Sony Ericsson/Extended Systems
>> Connection Suite in order to get it on my system?
>
> Havn't tried this ...
>
> But have a look at this download:
>
> http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=au&lc=en&ver=400...
>
> While it claims to be for InfraRed, it also seems to be a driver for
> cable/BT connected phones.
>
> Download, unzip, right-click, Install, Go through the Add New Hardware
> wizard, "Yes I've connected the hardware", Add a new hardware device,
> manually from a list, Modem, Don't auto detect (Manual select), Choose
> Ericsson, T39 Cable Modem.
>
> There were various versions of the SE Connection suite - some that just
> contained the comms stuff, others that included the full kit and kaboodle.
> There might still be one around that just includes the modem software.
>
> If you don't see the Ericsson drivers, then obviously my computer has been
> affected by various S/E installs Ive made.
>
> Good luck!
October 4, 2004 1:31:04 PM

I bought a USB Infra-Red dongle for about £13 which works fine on my PC &
Laptop with T39/Z600

XP finds everything automatically.

Getting around 33kb/s through GPRS

Don't forget to get the PC to dial *99# to the phone for GPRS WAP and not
any ISP number (took me ages to figure this one out)

--
JM

mayojs{AT}spamcop.net

!