HD DVD-Rs Coming in 2006

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
June 10, 2005 5:48:50 AM

Have you guys heard about this? I think it's really cool - next year you'd
be able to record an HD baseball game onto an HD DVD. As recently pointed
out, there aren't too many games on HD channels as is...

Here's the news story about it:
http://www.avrev.com/news/0605/10.toshiba.html

Diane

More about : dvd coming 2006

Anonymous
June 10, 2005 4:50:52 PM

Diane Sherwin <dianesherwin@avrev.com> wrote in

> Have you guys heard about this? I think it's really cool - next year
> you'd be able to record an HD baseball game onto an HD DVD. As
> recently pointed out, there aren't too many games on HD channels as
> is...

Provided A: that the broadcasters of the game us no anti record flag, and
B: They are transmitted on a system the recorder can connect to.

> Here's the news story about it:
> http://www.avrev.com/news/0605/10.toshiba.html
>
> Diane

Anonymous
June 10, 2005 11:55:16 PM

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:50:52 GMT, "Gary J. Tait" <nunya@bizz.ness>
wrote:

|Diane Sherwin <dianesherwin@avrev.com> wrote in
|
|> Have you guys heard about this? I think it's really cool - next year
|> you'd be able to record an HD baseball game onto an HD DVD. As
|> recently pointed out, there aren't too many games on HD channels as
|> is...
|>

|Provided A: that the broadcasters of the game us no anti record flag, and
|B: They are transmitted on a system the recorder can connect to.
|
|> Here's the news story about it:
|> http://www.avrev.com/news/0605/10.toshiba.html
|>
|> Diane

I've followed many 'geek' threads about this and there are
work-arounds. How many of us have the time and inclination to do it
though? For most of us, it's just a better solution to buy the
doggone service, whatever it is. Put it on a HD or DVD using off the
shelf components and live with the overhead. If you are really
interested in beating the system though, you can. But, if you have a
life outside of TV and computers, you might want to consider simply
caving in and only recording what the record flag allows.

The quality of my analog C-Band signals is so good that I don't sweat
converting their analog to digital. How I will do it in HDTV is still
another question. At least, capturing the output to the telly in high
resolution is doable. Many 'geek' theads yet to be read. The good
news for the anti-copy nazies is that it is difficult at best, so
copying movies for even backup home use will be unusual.
!