MN-500, IPCONFIG 0.0.0.0, WIN2K Problem?

Ruben

Hello, I am currently having this problem using
my MN-500 and my computer running Windows 2000
Professional (WIN2K.) I had it properly configured
to my PPPOE DSL internet provider and had a Wireless
LAN working for over a year with no problems.

Just today unexpectedly I lost my internet connection,
then I lost my LAN connection. Opening the Microsoft
Broadband Network Utility, I cannot access the "Base
Station Management Tool" it is not accessible, it also
displays "IP Address: 0.0.0.0" with the message:
"Network and Internet Unavailable. Troubleshoot."

I go to the CMD and type "ipconfig" and it replys:
" ... IP Address: 0.0.0.0"

So I checked my cables and they were fine, I checked
the SYSTEM settings under the control pannel and my
LAN NIC shows no errors. All hardware is functioning
properly.

So I set up a laptop to the MN-500 and it connects to
internet immediately and has LAN access through the
MN-500 easily. However, my original WIN2K computer is
still not networked with IP ADDRESS: 0.0.0.0 and I
cannot ping it, do anything with my MN-500 and my WLAN,
and access the internet.

So I set up a USB Wireless Network Adapter to the
troubled WIN2K computer. I checked the control pannel to
make sure the wireless adapter set up correctly and it
did, no errors on any hardware device shows. So I open
the software "Wireless LAN Monitor Utility" and my WIN2K
computer detects the wireless MN-500 signal at 100% BUT
when I type IPCONFIG (under the cmd) it still shows
IP ADDRESS: 0.0.0.0 I still cannot access the WLAN,
I cannot ping out, and no internet or LAN access.

So what it the problem? It is definately a problem with
WIN2K, anybody else experience this? What is the solution
to get WIN2K to obtain a DHCP IP from the MN-500
automatically, cause it is not doing it right now.

I just got off with microsoft, a 3 Hour technical
support conversation, and still no solution. Can
you guys help me out. I did a search here and there
were other IPCONFIG 0.0.0.0 problems, but I did not
find any posted solutions to any problems similar to
my case. Please Help Me (and future users that might
experience this problem also.)

Thank You.

Ruben
cyber_ruben@*removeme*yahoo.com

Ruben

I found a "somewhat" fix. I clicked on the
properties of my NIC and selected TCP/IP,
then I proceeded to uninstall TCP/IP and
then shutdown my system. When the system
came back I re-installed TCP/IP and that
seemed to fix my problem. Using my NIC
I can now access my WLAN and internet
connection once again.

Maybe someone can explain what might have
happened, and if uninstallation/re-installation
of the TCP/IP was the correct fix. Everything
is back to normal (so it seems like.)

Thanks!
Ruben

joker

Your TCP/IP stack was damaged. You may want to download & install both
ad-aware & spybot search & destroy. Also you may want to do an online
virus scan at http://housecall.antivirus.com/

Ruben wrote:
> I found a "somewhat" fix. I clicked on the
> properties of my NIC and selected TCP/IP,
> then I proceeded to uninstall TCP/IP and
> then shutdown my system. When the system
> came back I re-installed TCP/IP and that
> seemed to fix my problem. Using my NIC
> I can now access my WLAN and internet
> connection once again.
>
> Maybe someone can explain what might have
> happened, and if uninstallation/re-installation
> of the TCP/IP was the correct fix. Everything
> is back to normal (so it seems like.)
>
> Thanks!
> Ruben

Thank you very much, I just had the same problem 5/5/04
with 1 of my 3 computers and tried everything imaginable
including unloading and reloading the adapter and
reloading my windows files.... nothing worked...
removing and reloading my TCP/IP worked. I have a very
good virus scan and internet protection...it even has
spyware protection ...what i believe damaged mine was a
cordless phone being used too close to the computer...
thanx again...

joker

No THe TCP/IP stack is damaged by malicious software. I never trust
other people to keep there anti-virus software up to date. That is why
I said to scan for viruses. Also no spyware removal tool is perfect
that's why I suggested 2.