Wireless network adapter vista ultimate

I changed my operating system from vista to vista ultimate because the OS could not start. Now everything is working fine but I can not use my wireless connection. I recieve a code 10 error message stating that my network adapter can be found but the driver can not be installed. Please help
6 answers Last reply
More about wireless network adapter vista ultimate
  1. reinstall the drivers, or delete the network adapter in the device manager and reboot
  2. Emerald said:
    reinstall the drivers, or delete the network adapter in the device manager and reboot

Thank you very much. I have tried these actions but no luck
  3. is it for a laptop?

what kind of network card is it?
  4. Yes it is for a TOSHIBA Satellite Lap top. It is a realtek card
  5. When I tried to install the driver it gives me the following message: Window encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device.
    Window found driver software for your device but encoutered an error while attempting to install it

Realtek RTL801 Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIC 6.0)
  6. have you tried the drivers only?

download the 'Vista and WinServer 2008 Driver', extract the driver, go to the Device Manage, choose 'Update Driver' the under the network card, and point it to the folder where you extracted the Driver

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=7&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
Ask a new question

Read More

Wireless Network Windows Vista Error Message Wireless Networking