Bluetooth control of laptop from phone

Last response: in Brands
a b D Laptop
October 1, 2004 7:09:24 PM

Does anyone know of a piece of software that definately can control a
presentation on a laptop from a SE/// P900 please?

Win XP Pro sp1a, IOGear USB Bluetooth card

thanks

Jamie

ps I've tried BTControl from MEER and that will do FileTransfer to / from
the pc - phone. I can also do Internet access from pc through phone OK with
this software, however I can't get it to use the Bluetooth serial port which
it appears this software requires for keypad clicks from phone to map to
presentation keys when in laptop presentation Apps like Powerpoint

a b D Laptop
October 1, 2004 7:53:28 PM

This work with my T637

Go get this software MUST HAVE forSony Ericsson
FMA
http://fma.sourceforge.net/

"Jamie Tracey" <jamie@shoshone.co.uk> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a piece of software that definately can control a
> presentation on a laptop from a SE/// P900 please?
>
> Win XP Pro sp1a, IOGear USB Bluetooth card
>
> thanks
>
> Jamie
>
> ps I've tried BTControl from MEER and that will do FileTransfer to / from
> the pc - phone. I can also do Internet access from pc through phone OK
with
> this software, however I can't get it to use the Bluetooth serial port
which
> it appears this software requires for keypad clicks from phone to map to
> presentation keys when in laptop presentation Apps like Powerpoint

a b D Laptop
October 2, 2004 3:36:46 AM

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 15:09:24 +0000, Jamie Tracey wrote:

> Does anyone know of a piece of software that definately can control a
> presentation on a laptop from a SE/// P900 please?

Why ?

> Win XP Pro sp1a, IOGear USB Bluetooth card
>
> thanks
>
> Jamie
>
> ps I've tried BTControl from MEER and that will do FileTransfer to / from
> the pc - phone. I can also do Internet access from pc through phone OK with
> this software, however I can't get it to use the Bluetooth serial port which
> it appears this software requires for keypad clicks from phone to map to
> presentation keys when in laptop presentation Apps like Powerpoint

Much easier just to use a cordless keyboard and mouse.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
a b D Laptop
October 2, 2004 8:33:07 AM

"michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.10.01.22.36.44.755000@grfpb.arg...
SNIP

> Much easier just to use a cordless keyboard and mouse.
>
> --
> Michael Turner
> Email (ROT13)
> zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg

Not really. Ever try to use a keyboard or mouse while standing up giving a
presentation? A BT phone as a remote to operate the slide show is ideal.

TC
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 2, 2004 8:33:08 AM

Ideal show off !!!
they will pay more attention to your phone that the slide show
why not just do an Ericsson slide show

"Tony Clark" <curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in message
> news:p an.2004.10.01.22.36.44.755000@grfpb.arg...
> SNIP
>
>> Much easier just to use a cordless keyboard and mouse.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Turner
>> Email (ROT13)
>> zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
>
> Not really. Ever try to use a keyboard or mouse while standing up giving a
> presentation? A BT phone as a remote to operate the slide show is ideal.
>
> TC

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 3, 2004 4:31:23 AM

My wireless mouse only has a range of about 5 feet.

The participants needn't see the phone. I guess I'll have to leave you to do
the SE/// presentation presumably walking back to get within wireless range
of the PC ;-)

Jamie
!