maya sound card

G

I have an m-audio delta 44 by midiman and have had a lot of conflict problems since I began using it. The sound is awesome and so is the recording, but I use a dual-boot system that simply will not let me use this card with all the applications I like to run. It works fine under win98 and XP pro, as long as I don't use any programs that require using windows volume control, which is nessary for some of my apps. I am thinking of going to a maya 44 with the cardamp to run my monitors and ditch the delta because XP even says it's not compatable. My question is, has anyone had experience using the maya under a windows enviroment? If so, does it pose any conflict problems? I previously used a yamaha uw500 for sound and recording and will probably go back to it, but I need a good card that will be compatable with windows that at least has rca, or better 1/4 jacks for the monitors.

G

Kenneth,
Thanks for the reply...22Hz-22kHz if thats what you were asking. I did have to ditch XP (THE MOST UNSTABLE SYSTEM I'VE EVER TRIED!!!). Although I do like some features such as Remote access. Yes, 98se is stable as long as I don't load all the programs on with this Delta 44. And then when I use it I still have to have 98 on another partition with the card disabled and enable the onboard ac97 to use such programs as SlowGold just to name a few. That's a real pain in the %$$# and I can't run into my mackie when I do that (effectively anyway). The reason for the question is I've heard a lot of good about the Maya and it would serve my purpose if it is COMPLETELY compatable with windows. The best sound card I've ever used is a SB AWE64 Gold with RCA connectors, but it is an ISA and I can't use it in this P4.

TRENDING THREADS