W.E.I. Rating Crash

G

Whenever I try to refresh my ratings on W.E.I. it crashes with a BSOD at the part of the test stating "testing windows media encoder". That might be word for word what it says, but you get the idea. I have no idea why, and I just am so fed up that I have to come crying for help on the forums.

G

Well I've had this RAM for a long time, so why the sudden error?

ASRock Extreme3 Gen3
Intel Core i5 2500k CPU 3.3GHz
GSkill 6GB RAM
Radeon HD 6950 2GB
WD 1TB Black HDD
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Normally I have 8GB RAM, but my RAM is being bad so I'm in a mess with it right now.

G

The W.E.I. crashes on "Assessing Windows Media Decoder Performance"

The BSOD that follows is System_Service_Exception

cbrunnem

Distinguished

thats tri channel ram and i suspect it is 1.65v ram as well which is out of spec for an intel 2500k. not to mention using it will void your warranty so if that is the case and it is 1.65v ram that could be causing the problem.

G

This is my RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231275 Dual Channel....

This is my Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271&Tpk=extreme3%20gen3

They are both compatible, so I don't see why the CPU wouldn't be? I'm not sure how that voids any warranty either.....

cbrunnem

Distinguished

You originally said you had 6gb of ram now you say you have 8? Which is it. Id its six then that points to tri channel ram from old i series builds that used 1.65v ram which is out of spec according to Intel.

G

The RAM I linked you is what I have. I bought two sticks for 4GB, and then 2 more off eBay and was having problems so am currently using 3 sticks of Dual Channel RAM. 6GB. It's not old by any means. Voltage is around 1.57v.

3 sticks not the best idea. You have a daul channel MB so memory should be added in pairs. When odd nr is used not sure if all sticks default to single channel or if only the odd stick is run in single channel mode.

You have either a memory problem, or driver/software conflict.

Run prime95, if you get a memory error then correct.

I Have 4 sticks 4 x 4 of ripjaw DDR3-1600 (CL7 @ 1.60v) in Asrock Extreme 4 MB (i5-2500K) and 4 x 2 of DDR3-1600, CL7 @ 1.60 V, in Gigabyte MB (i5-750) and both systems are running great.

egilbe

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

3 sticks is not dual channel. Take the odd stick out and see what you get.

TRENDING THREADS