Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

X-4

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 2:09:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

OK--I have the absolute digital package. I can get the digital
transmissions on the other sats but not X-4. I am not even sure my system
is recognizing X-4--do not see any signal strength numbers. I am right on
top of G-4 and receive the analogue side just fine. . I have unprogrammed
and programmed X-4 many times, but nothing. I am really confused about
this. No problems with any other sats. Know this is a stretch, but any
hints?

Thanks

More about : question

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 4:20:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

Are you sure your Ku-Band LNB is receiving an acceptable signal level?
You may have your C-Band aimed into the center of the dish properly; I
had this problem once and the Ku
LNB was not aimed correctly.You may want to check if it even
works.Perhaps it is just dead.
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 6:49:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

I am not a technical person. If I am getting the Digital on the other sats
and getting KU on other sats, would that make that the LNB is aimed ok? I
do think I will have it checked--it does not make sense to me.

Thanks




"SAC 441" <SAC441@webtv.net> wrote in message
news:10493-42BEFFFF-110@storefull-3255.bay.webtv.net...
> Are you sure your Ku-Band LNB is receiving an acceptable signal level?
> You may have your C-Band aimed into the center of the dish properly; I
> had this problem once and the Ku
> LNB was not aimed correctly.You may want to check if it even
> works.Perhaps it is just dead.
>
Related resources
June 26, 2005 10:18:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 10:09:15 -0700, "John Gooch" <john97214@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>OK--I have the absolute digital package. I can get the digital
>transmissions on the other sats but not X-4. I am not even sure my system
>is recognizing X-4--do not see any signal strength numbers. I am right on
>top of G-4 and receive the analogue side just fine. . I have unprogrammed
>and programmed X-4 many times, but nothing. I am really confused about
>this. No problems with any other sats. Know this is a stretch, but any
>hints?
>
>Thanks
>
Does the Guide recognize x-4? If not you will have to aim your dish at
G-1 and pull the plug on your 4d receiver for a few minutes then plug
it back in. After it restarts you should get an updated guide and will
be able to access the x-4 channels.

Jack
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 10:18:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

Yes the guide does have X-4 on it. And it is programmed right on G4---same
count

Thanks

Jim



"Jack" <bogro11@cox.net> wrote in message
news:42bef047.734546@news.west.cox.net...
> On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 10:09:15 -0700, "John Gooch" <john97214@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >OK--I have the absolute digital package. I can get the digital
> >transmissions on the other sats but not X-4. I am not even sure my
system
> >is recognizing X-4--do not see any signal strength numbers. I am right
on
> >top of G-4 and receive the analogue side just fine. . I have
unprogrammed
> >and programmed X-4 many times, but nothing. I am really confused about
> >this. No problems with any other sats. Know this is a stretch, but any
> >hints?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> Does the Guide recognize x-4? If not you will have to aim your dish at
> G-1 and pull the plug on your 4d receiver for a few minutes then plug
> it back in. After it restarts you should get an updated guide and will
> be able to access the x-4 channels.
>
> Jack
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 1:56:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

Try manually peaking the dish position and polarity while tuned to an X4
channel.


"John Gooch" <john97214@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:11bu8man00js289@corp.supernews.com...
|
| I am not a technical person. If I am getting the Digital on the other sats
| and getting KU on other sats, would that make that the LNB is aimed ok? I
| do think I will have it checked--it does not make sense to me.
|
| Thanks
|
|
|
|
| "SAC 441" <SAC441@webtv.net> wrote in message
| news:10493-42BEFFFF-110@storefull-3255.bay.webtv.net...
| > Are you sure your Ku-Band LNB is receiving an acceptable signal level?
| > You may have your C-Band aimed into the center of the dish properly; I
| > had this problem once and the Ku
| > LNB was not aimed correctly.You may want to check if it even
| > works.Perhaps it is just dead.
| >
|
|
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 1:56:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

Are there any X-4 channels in the clear? I should be getting the Absolute
transponders but am not--thought it might be easier on an open one.

Thanks


"DRLev" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:twFve.80990$6g3.31643@tornado.texas.rr.com...
> Try manually peaking the dish position and polarity while tuned to an X4
> channel.
>
>
> "John Gooch" <john97214@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:11bu8man00js289@corp.supernews.com...
> |
> | I am not a technical person. If I am getting the Digital on the other
sats
> | and getting KU on other sats, would that make that the LNB is aimed ok?
I
> | do think I will have it checked--it does not make sense to me.
> |
> | Thanks
> |
> |
> |
> |
> | "SAC 441" <SAC441@webtv.net> wrote in message
> | news:10493-42BEFFFF-110@storefull-3255.bay.webtv.net...
> | > Are you sure your Ku-Band LNB is receiving an acceptable signal level?
> | > You may have your C-Band aimed into the center of the dish properly; I
> | > had this problem once and the Ku
> | > LNB was not aimed correctly.You may want to check if it even
> | > works.Perhaps it is just dead.
> | >
> |
> |
>
>
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 1:56:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

John Gooch wrote:
> Are there any X-4 channels in the clear? I should be getting the Absolute
> transponders but am not--thought it might be easier on an open one.
>
> Thanks
>

Yes, channel 603 is in the clear on the horizontal. American Goodlife TV.

You should be able to check what your skew is for a horizontal channel
on G4 and then but in the same value for horizontal on X4.

Take care,
Rich

God bless the USA


--
I just had one of those "what the hell am I doing?" moments.

-Adam Savage, Mythbuster
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 1:56:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

John Gooch asks:
----"Are there any X-4 channels in the clear? I should be getting the
Absolute transponders but am not--thought it might be easier on an open
one."----


Reply:
If you are referring to DC2 channels (video),the only one I see that has
a "ZK" status (i.e.,free Digicipher channel) is TOON DISNEY on X4/600.As
to the ACTUAL location of the transponder assignment for these
channels,for some strange reason I cannot seem to pin this down,although
I can definitely tune in the virtual channel numbers.
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 4:06:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

X4-603 can be received if your receiver is authorized
for any digital programming on any satellite. The DMX
audio channels ( X4 800's ) should be FTA.

The subscription status does not effect the quality level.
Any digital channel can be used to help peak the dish
regardless of whether or not you have a sub.






"John Gooch" <john97214@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:11bufh3n731vk00@corp.supernews.com...
|
| Are there any X-4 channels in the clear? I should be getting the Absolute
| transponders but am not--thought it might be easier on an open one.
|
| Thanks
|
|
| "DRLev" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
| news:twFve.80990$6g3.31643@tornado.texas.rr.com...
| > Try manually peaking the dish position and polarity while tuned to an X4
| > channel.
| >
| >
| > "John Gooch" <john97214@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| > news:11bu8man00js289@corp.supernews.com...
| > |
| > | I am not a technical person. If I am getting the Digital on the other
| sats
| > | and getting KU on other sats, would that make that the LNB is aimed ok?
| I
| > | do think I will have it checked--it does not make sense to me.
| > |
| > | Thanks
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | "SAC 441" <SAC441@webtv.net> wrote in message
| > | news:10493-42BEFFFF-110@storefull-3255.bay.webtv.net...
| > | > Are you sure your Ku-Band LNB is receiving an acceptable signal level?
| > | > You may have your C-Band aimed into the center of the dish properly; I
| > | > had this problem once and the Ku
| > | > LNB was not aimed correctly.You may want to check if it even
| > | > works.Perhaps it is just dead.
| > | >
| > |
| > |
| >
| >
|
|
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 4:56:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

Technically ALTV (X4-603) is not in the clear or FTA. It is encrypted.

The auth status = U on that channel. U means that if your receiver is
authorized
in the correct network the channel will decrypt. In this case the correct
network
is 4DTV. If you are using a StarChoice 920, which is authorized in the
StarChoice
network, AFAIK you cannot receive that channel.

If a 4DTV is subbed to anything digital the channel can be received, probably
an
authorization hit from the ACC may be sufficient to receive the channel with a
4DTV
that has no subs.



"Rich Piehl" <rpiehl5REMOVETHIS@FORNOSPAMcharter.net> wrote in message
news:fvHve.7030$B_3.7002@fe05.lga...

| >
|
| Yes, channel 603 is in the clear on the horizontal. American Goodlife TV.
|
| You should be able to check what your skew is for a horizontal channel
| on G4 and then but in the same value for horizontal on X4.
|
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 4:56:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

DRLev wrote:
> Technically ALTV (X4-603) is not in the clear or FTA. It is encrypted.
>
> The auth status = U on that channel. U means that if your receiver is
> authorized
> in the correct network the channel will decrypt. In this case the correct
> network
> is 4DTV. If you are using a StarChoice 920, which is authorized in the
> StarChoice
> network, AFAIK you cannot receive that channel.
>
> If a 4DTV is subbed to anything digital the channel can be received, probably
> an
> authorization hit from the ACC may be sufficient to receive the channel with a
> 4DTV
> that has no subs.
>
>
>I stand corrected.

The OP did say he has subscribed to the Absolute Digital Package so he
should be able to get ALTV.

Take care,
Rich

God bless the USA

--
I just had one of those "what the hell am I doing?" moments.

-Adam Savage, Mythbuster
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 7:09:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

Thanks

I realize that. But to peak the dish position and polarity
on digital channel it does not matter if the programming
can be viewed or not. All that is needed is a digital lock
and the peaking can be done by maximizing the quality
level.

The original poster is complicating his life a bit by searching
for an FTA channel anyway :-)


"Rich Piehl" <rpiehl5REMOVETHIS@FORNOSPAMcharter.net> wrote in message
news:EQIve.5892$2S.2072@fe03.lga...
|
| The OP did say he has subscribed to the Absolute Digital Package so he
| should be able to get ALTV.
|
| Take care,
| Rich
|
| God bless the USA
|
| --
| I just had one of those "what the hell am I doing?" moments.
|
| -Adam Savage, Mythbuster
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 7:09:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

What is frustrating is the I can program the Sat (X-4) which is of course
the same position as G4 and can re-sync it and then go thru the entire sat.
and not receive any signal strength on any transponders--the other sats with
digital are not a problem.....just one sat????

I get the info for X-4 on the screen with a searching screen and that is
all. No signal.





RLev" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:r5Kve.82021$6g3.47909@tornado.texas.rr.com...
> Thanks
>
> I realize that. But to peak the dish position and polarity
> on digital channel it does not matter if the programming
> can be viewed or not. All that is needed is a digital lock
> and the peaking can be done by maximizing the quality
> level.
>
> The original poster is complicating his life a bit by searching
> for an FTA channel anyway :-)
>
>
> "Rich Piehl" <rpiehl5REMOVETHIS@FORNOSPAMcharter.net> wrote in message
> news:EQIve.5892$2S.2072@fe03.lga...
> |
> | The OP did say he has subscribed to the Absolute Digital Package so he
> | should be able to get ALTV.
> |
> | Take care,
> | Rich
> |
> | God bless the USA
> |
> | --
> | I just had one of those "what the hell am I doing?" moments.
> |
> | -Adam Savage, Mythbuster
>
>
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 1:37:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

Sounds like a polarization issue. Do like DRLev said, try
peaking your polarotor and see if you can build any
signal strength.

-Web
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 1:37:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

Sure appreciate all of the input. I am going to have it serviced on Wed or
Thurs.....it has been a while and I am going to have a new LNB put in.
With HDTV, the picture off of the big dish is pretty incredible and that is
from stations not broadcasting in HDTV.




"Web Williams" <doncha@wishuknew.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1d2a73dfefcad79e98969f@news.usenetserver.com...
> Sounds like a polarization issue. Do like DRLev said, try
> peaking your polarotor and see if you can build any
> signal strength.
>
> -Web
>
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 2:30:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

Don't know if this helps but a year ago I installed a 905 sidecar. I
was able to receive C-Band 4DTV stuff just fine but couldn't for the
life of me receive the Ku-Band 4DTV stuff on X4 (FMC on 251, in
particular). Ku-Band analog stuff came in fine though. The LNBs I was
using were 30-degree for C-Band and .7-db (I think it was) for Ku-Band
-- both were 11 years old at the time. I fiddled around for some time
to get X4 to come in to no avail. As a last resort I changed the LNBs
to "Digital Capable" (or some such phrase) LNBs -- no problems getting
X4 since then!

SAC 441 wrote:
> Are you sure your Ku-Band LNB is receiving an acceptable signal level?
> You may have your C-Band aimed into the center of the dish properly; I
> had this problem once and the Ku
> LNB was not aimed correctly.You may want to check if it even
> works.Perhaps it is just dead.
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 1:18:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

This turned out to be strange but apparently my KU got disconnected--and
X-4 is the only KU digital satellite. The guy cleaned out the mess up
there from birds and dropped in a new hotter LNB (LNA??) and a new arm. Now
I get X-4 good EXCEPT that he cannot get X-4 Good Life because for some
reason it will only get the vertical (horizontal?? whatever Good Life is
not) -- which he found perplexing. I have a corotar. He will have to look
into it again but the hotter LNB does give me a better picture all around.



<jschmuhl@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1119979843.038410.248280@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Don't know if this helps but a year ago I installed a 905 sidecar. I
> was able to receive C-Band 4DTV stuff just fine but couldn't for the
> life of me receive the Ku-Band 4DTV stuff on X4 (FMC on 251, in
> particular). Ku-Band analog stuff came in fine though. The LNBs I was
> using were 30-degree for C-Band and .7-db (I think it was) for Ku-Band
> -- both were 11 years old at the time. I fiddled around for some time
> to get X4 to come in to no avail. As a last resort I changed the LNBs
> to "Digital Capable" (or some such phrase) LNBs -- no problems getting
> X4 since then!
>
> SAC 441 wrote:
> > Are you sure your Ku-Band LNB is receiving an acceptable signal level?
> > You may have your C-Band aimed into the center of the dish properly; I
> > had this problem once and the Ku
> > LNB was not aimed correctly.You may want to check if it even
> > works.Perhaps it is just dead.
>
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 10:32:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

John Gooch wrote:
> This turned out to be strange but apparently my KU got disconnected--and
> X-4 is the only KU digital satellite. The guy cleaned out the mess up
> there from birds and dropped in a new hotter LNB (LNA??) and a new arm. Now
> I get X-4 good EXCEPT that he cannot get X-4 Good Life because for some
> reason it will only get the vertical (horizontal?? whatever Good Life is
> not) -- which he found perplexing. I have a corotar. He will have to look
> into it again but the hotter LNB does give me a better picture all around.
>
>

Not true. There are digicipher PBS stations on the Ku side of AMC 3
(forget the letter designator).

Take care,
Rich

God bless the USA

--
I just had one of those "what the hell am I doing?" moments.

-Adam Savage, Mythbuster
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 1:14:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

Thanks--will look at them.




"Rich Piehl" <rpiehl5REMOVETHIS@FORNOSPAMcharter.net> wrote in message
news:3R9xe.1545$Si3.252@fe06.lga...
> John Gooch wrote:
> > This turned out to be strange but apparently my KU got
disconnected--and
> > X-4 is the only KU digital satellite. The guy cleaned out the mess up
> > there from birds and dropped in a new hotter LNB (LNA??) and a new arm.
Now
> > I get X-4 good EXCEPT that he cannot get X-4 Good Life because for some
> > reason it will only get the vertical (horizontal?? whatever Good Life is
> > not) -- which he found perplexing. I have a corotar. He will have to
look
> > into it again but the hotter LNB does give me a better picture all
around.
> >
> >
>
> Not true. There are digicipher PBS stations on the Ku side of AMC 3
> (forget the letter designator).
>
> Take care,
> Rich
>
> God bless the USA
>
> --
> I just had one of those "what the hell am I doing?" moments.
>
> -Adam Savage, Mythbuster
!