Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

4DTV Life span!

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 1:41:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

I was wondering if its worth buying a 4DTV receiver these days or if it will
be Obsulete in a short time?

Bill

More about : 4dtv life span

Anonymous
July 1, 2005 1:12:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

4DTV's "death" time frame largely depends on US-the viewers!

If we want to believe all the FUD and fodder going around and go for DBS,or
cable,then 4dtv will not be long in dying!

The same goes with all the cheapskates who refuse to buy a 4dtv
subscription,because they don't like the "AD" pak and they think they can
hold the programmers hostage until they give us 'ala carte!"They way to
fight for 4dtv is get the AD pak,or some pak,then demand more ala carte!

Business is business and subscrition numbers count!

On the other hand,if we'll get behind 4dtv(that means not only the buy the
hardware,but BUY a subscription!),it's demise could be delayed for years!

Do you want great video and sound?
Keep your big dish going?
Programming choice?

You want 4dtv(and throw in an mpeg-2 free to air receiver for good measure!)

<hackw@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:p a1xe.6053$du.1785@bignews1.bellsouth.net...
>I was wondering if its worth buying a 4DTV receiver these days or if it
>will be Obsulete in a short time?
>
> Bill
>
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 3:59:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

"Valdivar" <rebelleader68@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Yibxe.4169$Ai.610069@news20.bellglobal.com...
> 4DTV's "death" time frame largely depends on US-the viewers!
>
> If we want to believe all the FUD and fodder going around and go for
DBS,or
> cable,then 4dtv will not be long in dying!
>
> The same goes with all the cheapskates who refuse to buy a 4dtv
> subscription,because they don't like the "AD" pak and they think they can
> hold the programmers hostage until they give us 'ala carte!"They way to
> fight for 4dtv is get the AD pak,or some pak,then demand more ala carte!
>
> Business is business and subscrition numbers count!
>
> On the other hand,if we'll get behind 4dtv(that means not only the buy the
> hardware,but BUY a subscription!),it's demise could be delayed for years!
>
> Do you want great video and sound?
> Keep your big dish going?
> Programming choice?
>
> You want 4dtv(and throw in an mpeg-2 free to air receiver for good
measure!)
>

I got a older free 10 foot dish, mount, arm and feed with lna's
The dish and mount are fine,
The arm has one magnet on it (not 4 like some others)
The C lna is 40 degrees, and the Ku is 1.2 db
The feed is CA as well as the lna.

What would I have to upgrade to get 4dtv ?
Related resources
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 12:46:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

I think you mean "LNB?"

LNA's haven't been used for years.That was when one had a dish,lna and
downconverter mounted right on the dish,or so I heard.LNB's are the LNA and
Downconverter all in one.

You need to upgrade the lnbs to preferably Norsats...(PLL,not not
necessarily)....C band 30 deg. or lower;ku .8 or lower.

get a dsr-922 4dtv receiver (and if you have an HDTV add a hdd 200\201 hdtv
decoder)..

"James Zod" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:42c6208f$0$231$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net...
>
> "Valdivar" <rebelleader68@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:Yibxe.4169$Ai.610069@news20.bellglobal.com...
>> 4DTV's "death" time frame largely depends on US-the viewers!
>>
>> If we want to believe all the FUD and fodder going around and go for
> DBS,or
>> cable,then 4dtv will not be long in dying!
>>
>> The same goes with all the cheapskates who refuse to buy a 4dtv
>> subscription,because they don't like the "AD" pak and they think they can
>> hold the programmers hostage until they give us 'ala carte!"They way to
>> fight for 4dtv is get the AD pak,or some pak,then demand more ala carte!
>>
>> Business is business and subscrition numbers count!
>>
>> On the other hand,if we'll get behind 4dtv(that means not only the buy
>> the
>> hardware,but BUY a subscription!),it's demise could be delayed for years!
>>
>> Do you want great video and sound?
>> Keep your big dish going?
>> Programming choice?
>>
>> You want 4dtv(and throw in an mpeg-2 free to air receiver for good
> measure!)
>>
>
> I got a older free 10 foot dish, mount, arm and feed with lna's
> The dish and mount are fine,
> The arm has one magnet on it (not 4 like some others)
> The C lna is 40 degrees, and the Ku is 1.2 db
> The feed is CA as well as the lna.
>
> What would I have to upgrade to get 4dtv ?
>
>
>
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 4:11:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

James Zod wrote:
> [...]
> I got a older free 10 foot dish, mount, arm and feed with lna's
> The dish and mount are fine,
> The arm has one magnet on it (not 4 like some others)
> The C lna is 40 degrees, and the Ku is 1.2 db
> The feed is CA as well as the lna.
>
> What would I have to upgrade to get 4dtv ?

I'd try using the LNBs you have before upgrading them.
They may be able to do the job.
Just start with getting a receiver.

(and I don't know what you mean about magnets?)
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 5:16:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

"Zoyburg" <rats@attib.com> wrote in message
news:qLmdnT8jG57qH1bfRVn-1A@comcast.com...
> James Zod wrote:
> > [...]
> > I got a older free 10 foot dish, mount, arm and feed with lna's
> > The dish and mount are fine,
> > The arm has one magnet on it (not 4 like some others)
> > The C lna is 40 degrees, and the Ku is 1.2 db
> > The feed is CA as well as the lna.
> >
> > What would I have to upgrade to get 4dtv ?
>
> I'd try using the LNBs you have before upgrading them.
> They may be able to do the job.
> Just start with getting a receiver.
>
> (and I don't know what you mean about magnets?)

the old mover arm I have is a super tracker II, and has one magnet on the
end of the gear train and toggles a small relay when it turns once.
I have seen (somewhere on the net) mover arms with 4 magnets on them that
are suppose to be better (more accurate) 4 blips per turn not just one. I
have old stuff C and Ku, (analog 1998 or so) and know little about the new
stuff.

I have an old receiver I can check out the lnbs with.
In Texas and it looks like we get a strong part of the beam for the
satellites.
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 8:48:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

I live in South Texas, (Laredo). I have a 10 foot dish with good lnb's and
a 4DTV. If anyone is willing to come get it, I will let it all go for $100.
My neighbors have planted trees that block my access to all the satellites
to my west. Feel free to contact me at thall@thall.net

Andrew Thall
!