Sign in with
Your question

EM 250 Will not boot in any way shape or form

Last response: in Windows 7
April 9, 2012 5:10:28 AM

Hello my eMachine eM250 will not boot Windows 7 starter in any way shape or form. Safe mode hangs on CLASSAPP.??? i\'m not sure exactly what the filename is, and any F8 otion will hang. Restore/recover will not boot up, installation USB with Win 7 install copied to it does not work, the only option I have is switching my HDD to IDE and that gives me X:\\addministrator.....with a few option, none which work, it doesn't even recognize C: drive, eventhough BIOS does. I am able to get to Edit Boot Options and am wondering if there is anything I can do here to save this little netbook. Thank you in advace for your help and time.

More about : 250 boot shape form

a b $ Windows 7
April 9, 2012 7:24:50 AM

sheets1211 said:
Hello my eMachine eM250 will not boot Windows 7 starter in any way shape or form. Safe mode hangs on CLASSAPP.??? i\'m not sure exactly what the filename is, and any F8 otion will hang. Restore/recover will not boot up, installation USB with Win 7 install copied to it does not work, the only option I have is switching my HDD to IDE and that gives me X:\\addministrator.....with a few option, none which work, it doesn't even recognize C: drive, eventhough BIOS does. I am able to get to Edit Boot Options and am wondering if there is anything I can do here to save this little netbook. Thank you in advace for your help and time.

Try booting with battery pack removed.
If memory 2x512mb, try booting with one stick, then other, if necessary.
Try your USB install to new HD.
m
l
April 9, 2012 11:01:41 PM

ksiemb, hello I tried booting with the batter pack removed to no avail, there is only one memory stick also, and I don't have a new HD jusy yet, thank you though.
m
l
!