Freezing issues Help please

triguy

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
Hello,
I have been having this issue for a while now, where my computer would freeze quite randomly. It mainly happens for some reason when I'm playing tetris on facebook but also once or twice while playing League of Legends. It has never froze on me while playing SC2, Tera Online Beta, or any other more GPU intensive games. It's not the GPU, I ran a stress test, and even swapped them out. It's not the RAM, HDD, or OS because I have also swapped them out and did a reinstall. One awkward moment though was on one occasion where my computer froze, the fans seemed to have gotten louder, and I could not force shutdown by holding the power button and I had to manually unplug the power. It is also not a overheating issue as I monitor the temperatures and they stay in the safe zone, and when I reboot it after freezing it works for as long as a few days or so before freezing again. This issue has been plaguing me for a long while, and I really hope to figure out whats wrong if someone could help. Also it's not a virus, I have used SAS, Malawarebytes, and Advance system care, and none have found anything wrong and I did say I installed a new HDD. Also the computer using liquid cooling, I'm not sure if that could cause a problem other then temperature with air bubbles, but like stated I monitored the temps and that's not the issue.
http://puu.sh/oFEm
http://puu.sh/oFEO

alishathomaz

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Follow these steps to fix computer freezes problem::

Remove unused programs
Install and run antispyware software
Free up wasted space with Disk Cleanup tool
Defragment your hard disk drive
Disconnect unused network connections:

Click Start, and then click My Computer.

On the Tools menu, click Disconnect Network Drive.

Select the network drives that you no longer need, and then click OK.

ALSO

Click Start - Run, type in %temp% and then click OK.

Once that temp folder is open and you can view its contents, select and delete EVERYTHING that's inside it.

It's all junk and is a good place for "nasties" to hide.

If a few files resist being deleted, that's normal. Leave them alone and delete EVERYTHING else.

Repeat the steps with c:\windows\temp

After you're done with both temp folders, restart the computer.

triguy

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
Is it possible that not flashing the BIOS to a more up to date version could cause the problem? And I know my PC is OC, but I did stress test it and it's working fine. Also the freezing issue happened even before I OC'd it, I basically did it just because I plan on getting the new 3770k when it comes out so I figured I'd get more juice out of it before I upgrade. Could the motherboard be the issue also? But the freezing is so random and intermittent it's really hard for me to decide what is the underlying issue.