Looking for Audio Component Switch

Last response: in Home Audio
April 16, 2005 10:44:25 AM

I have two turntables but only one input on my receiver. I also have
two tape decks but only one tape monitor input on the receiver. I
would like to find a switch that ideally would have about 4 sets of
inputs selectable to two outputs. Or something like that. I looked
around a bit online and found them costing up to $400 for fancy digital
automatic remote control etc. One had 8 inputs and 8 outputs and was
$1000! I thought a few RCA jacks and a couple of switches should cost
under $50.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Chris

More about : audio component switch

Anonymous
April 16, 2005 2:26:41 PM

Radio Shack, among others, has passive RCA-cable switches. I think I
paid $15 for a three-way stereo switch.
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 2:51:04 PM

On 16 Apr 2005 06:44:25 -0700, "toxcrusadr" <cadyc@mchsi.com> wrote:

>I have two turntables but only one input on my receiver. I also have
>two tape decks but only one tape monitor input on the receiver. I
>would like to find a switch that ideally would have about 4 sets of
>inputs selectable to two outputs. Or something like that. I looked
>around a bit online and found them costing up to $400 for fancy digital
>automatic remote control etc. One had 8 inputs and 8 outputs and was
>$1000! I thought a few RCA jacks and a couple of switches should cost
>under $50.
>
>Anyone have any suggestions?

Go to a High Street electronics store, not a hi-fi store. What
country are you in? In the UK we have Maplin, Tandy. I believe in
the colonies there's something called Radio Shack? :-)
!