Strange Files with "appl_a68k"

April 30, 2004 10:58:31 AM

I recently upgraded my Handspring Visor Prism to the PalmOne Treo 600 and
noticed some strange files with "appl_a68k" at the end of them. What are
these files? Any harm in deleting them?
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 1:15:17 PM

"Harry Eugene Ly" <consumers-get-bad-service@bigcompanies.com> wrote:
>I recently upgraded my Handspring Visor Prism to the PalmOne Treo 600 and
>noticed some strange files with "appl_a68k" at the end of them. What are
>these files? Any harm in deleting them?

They are emulator stub files for all the programs that aren't written
in native ARM code. You can delete them, but they'll be recreated
every time you run another program.. Best bet is just to ignore them

--
William Smith
April 30, 2004 4:30:38 PM

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 06:58:31 -0400, Harry Eugene Ly had this to say...

> I recently upgraded my Handspring Visor Prism to the PalmOne Treo 600 and
> noticed some strange files with "appl_a68k" at the end of them. What are
> these files? Any harm in deleting them?

<http://www.palmoswerks.com/stories/storyReader$111>
The 'a68k' Database Mystery

--