O2 K700i - online firmware update possible from SE?

Last response: in Brands
October 7, 2004 2:22:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

I should be getting my new k700i soon from o2 online (uk), a
refreshing change from nokia hopefully!

My question is if i were to get a syncstation DSS-25 for about £15 on
ebay.co.uk, hook it and the k700i upto the pc would i be able to use
the online firmware update service without any probs?

TIA,

Chris
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 3:17:02 PM

eggster2k wrote:
> I should be getting my new k700i soon from o2 online (uk), a
> refreshing change from nokia hopefully!
>
> My question is if i were to get a syncstation DSS-25 for about £15 on
> ebay.co.uk, hook it and the k700i upto the pc would i be able to use
> the online firmware update service without any probs?
>
> TIA,
>
> Chris

It wouldn't work for me a week or so ago, even though a mate's O2
retail/high street phone did update ok.

Mixed messages on the Esato forums (SE website), with (IIRC) O2 saying it
was a bug and should be possible soon and SE saying O2 Online are never
going to support online updates. I'd keep checking there for updates if I
were you (http://www.esato.com/board/viewforum.php?forum=2)

Stuart
October 7, 2004 5:03:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Yes, sync with DSS-25 is possible.

"eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> I should be getting my new k700i soon from o2 online (uk), a
> refreshing change from nokia hopefully!
>
> My question is if i were to get a syncstation DSS-25 for about £15 on
> ebay.co.uk, hook it and the k700i upto the pc would i be able to use
> the online firmware update service without any probs?
>
> TIA,
>
> Chris
October 7, 2004 5:03:42 PM

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:03:41 +0300, "Pete" <pete@hasnoemail.net> wrote:

>Yes, sync with DSS-25 is possible.

thanks. i know syncing is possible. My question was/is, can an o2
k700i firmware be updated ok using the online se service.
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 5:03:43 PM

"eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:03:41 +0300, "Pete" <pete@hasnoemail.net> wrote:
>
> >Yes, sync with DSS-25 is possible.
>
> thanks. i know syncing is possible. My question was/is, can an o2
> k700i firmware be updated ok using the online se service.

No, the O2 service doesn't currently support the online update feature.
However I have herd that they may in the future but this is not a certain
fact.
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 6:35:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:31:06 +0100, "Kolicha" <post@newsgroup.com>
wrote:

>"eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:03:41 +0300, "Pete" <pete@hasnoemail.net> wrote:
>>
>> >Yes, sync with DSS-25 is possible.
>>
>> thanks. i know syncing is possible. My question was/is, can an o2
>> k700i firmware be updated ok using the online se service.
>
>No, the O2 service doesn't currently support the online update feature.
>However I have herd that they may in the future but this is not a certain
>fact.

Mine is an o2 branded phone and i couldnt do a online update, however
Hays Technology at Banbury, oxon. did the update for me and now I have
better battery life, no problem with receiving texts and generally the
phone responds better.

The firmware they updated to was R2L. Give them a ring on 01295662101
I for one would recommend having it upgraded and by them.
-----
sms text addict? www.smstextaddict.co.uk
been_bluejacked? www.bluejackaddict.co.uk
-----
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 8:23:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

> Mine is an o2 branded phone and i couldnt do a online update, however
> Hays Technology at Banbury, oxon. did the update for me and now I have
> better battery life, no problem with receiving texts and generally the
> phone responds better.
>
> The firmware they updated to was R2L. Give them a ring on 01295662101
> I for one would recommend having it upgraded and by them.

I did same. Top Notch.
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 9:22:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

>Mine is an o2 branded phone and i couldnt do a online update, however
>Hays Technology at Banbury, oxon. did the update for me and now I have
>better battery life, no problem with receiving texts and generally the
>phone responds better.
>
>The firmware they updated to was R2L. Give them a ring on 01295662101
>I for one would recommend having it upgraded and by them.
>-----

thanks for the info.
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 9:18:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 17:22:40 +0100, eggster2k
<eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:

>>Mine is an o2 branded phone and i couldnt do a online update, however
>>Hays Technology at Banbury, oxon. did the update for me and now I have
>>better battery life, no problem with receiving texts and generally the
>>phone responds better.
>>
>>The firmware they updated to was R2L. Give them a ring on 01295662101
>>I for one would recommend having it upgraded and by them.
>>-----
>
>thanks for the info.

Thats ok many people i know on bluejackaddict.co.uk forums are looking
at doing the same as they are impressed with my standby time from what
it was to what it is now.
-----
sms text addict? www.smstextaddict.co.uk
been_bluejacked? www.bluejackaddict.co.uk
-----
Anonymous
October 10, 2004 4:50:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

In message <5f2am0takgouonkv21qoce61uug9q25v33@4ax.com>, eggster2k
<eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> writes
>I should be getting my new k700i soon from o2 online (uk), a
>refreshing change from nokia hopefully!
>
>My question is if i were to get a syncstation DSS-25 for about £15 on
>ebay.co.uk, hook it and the k700i upto the pc would i be able to use
>the online firmware update service without any probs?

It is now possible to debrand the phone using a T28 _*SERVICE*_ cable
and the software and credit from www.faceoffmobiles.com and various
others. Once decustomised, you can apply further firmware updates
through the synch station.
--
Pete Devlin
Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.