O2 K700i - online firmware update possible from SE?

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

I should be getting my new k700i soon from o2 online (uk), a
refreshing change from nokia hopefully!

My question is if i were to get a syncstation DSS-25 for about £15 on
ebay.co.uk, hook it and the k700i upto the pc would i be able to use
the online firmware update service without any probs?

TIA,

Chris
9 answers Last reply
More about k700i online firmware update
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    eggster2k wrote:
    > I should be getting my new k700i soon from o2 online (uk), a
    > refreshing change from nokia hopefully!
    >
    > My question is if i were to get a syncstation DSS-25 for about £15 on
    > ebay.co.uk, hook it and the k700i upto the pc would i be able to use
    > the online firmware update service without any probs?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Chris

    It wouldn't work for me a week or so ago, even though a mate's O2
    retail/high street phone did update ok.

    Mixed messages on the Esato forums (SE website), with (IIRC) O2 saying it
    was a bug and should be possible soon and SE saying O2 Online are never
    going to support online updates. I'd keep checking there for updates if I
    were you (http://www.esato.com/board/viewforum.php?forum=2)

    Stuart
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    Yes, sync with DSS-25 is possible.

    "eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> kirjoitti viestissä
    > I should be getting my new k700i soon from o2 online (uk), a
    > refreshing change from nokia hopefully!
    >
    > My question is if i were to get a syncstation DSS-25 for about £15 on
    > ebay.co.uk, hook it and the k700i upto the pc would i be able to use
    > the online firmware update service without any probs?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Chris
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:03:41 +0300, "Pete" <pete@hasnoemail.net> wrote:

    >Yes, sync with DSS-25 is possible.

    thanks. i know syncing is possible. My question was/is, can an o2
    k700i firmware be updated ok using the online se service.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:03:41 +0300, "Pete" <pete@hasnoemail.net> wrote:
    >
    > >Yes, sync with DSS-25 is possible.
    >
    > thanks. i know syncing is possible. My question was/is, can an o2
    > k700i firmware be updated ok using the online se service.

    No, the O2 service doesn't currently support the online update feature.
    However I have herd that they may in the future but this is not a certain
    fact.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:31:06 +0100, "Kolicha" <post@newsgroup.com>
    wrote:

    >"eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:03:41 +0300, "Pete" <pete@hasnoemail.net> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Yes, sync with DSS-25 is possible.
    >>
    >> thanks. i know syncing is possible. My question was/is, can an o2
    >> k700i firmware be updated ok using the online se service.
    >
    >No, the O2 service doesn't currently support the online update feature.
    >However I have herd that they may in the future but this is not a certain
    >fact.

    Mine is an o2 branded phone and i couldnt do a online update, however
    Hays Technology at Banbury, oxon. did the update for me and now I have
    better battery life, no problem with receiving texts and generally the
    phone responds better.

    The firmware they updated to was R2L. Give them a ring on 01295662101
    I for one would recommend having it upgraded and by them.
    -----
    sms text addict? www.smstextaddict.co.uk
    been_bluejacked? www.bluejackaddict.co.uk
    -----
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    > Mine is an o2 branded phone and i couldnt do a online update, however
    > Hays Technology at Banbury, oxon. did the update for me and now I have
    > better battery life, no problem with receiving texts and generally the
    > phone responds better.
    >
    > The firmware they updated to was R2L. Give them a ring on 01295662101
    > I for one would recommend having it upgraded and by them.

    I did same. Top Notch.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    >Mine is an o2 branded phone and i couldnt do a online update, however
    >Hays Technology at Banbury, oxon. did the update for me and now I have
    >better battery life, no problem with receiving texts and generally the
    >phone responds better.
    >
    >The firmware they updated to was R2L. Give them a ring on 01295662101
    >I for one would recommend having it upgraded and by them.
    >-----

    thanks for the info.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 17:22:40 +0100, eggster2k
    <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:

    >>Mine is an o2 branded phone and i couldnt do a online update, however
    >>Hays Technology at Banbury, oxon. did the update for me and now I have
    >>better battery life, no problem with receiving texts and generally the
    >>phone responds better.
    >>
    >>The firmware they updated to was R2L. Give them a ring on 01295662101
    >>I for one would recommend having it upgraded and by them.
    >>-----
    >
    >thanks for the info.

    Thats ok many people i know on bluejackaddict.co.uk forums are looking
    at doing the same as they are impressed with my standby time from what
    it was to what it is now.
    -----
    sms text addict? www.smstextaddict.co.uk
    been_bluejacked? www.bluejackaddict.co.uk
    -----
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    In message <5f2am0takgouonkv21qoce61uug9q25v33@4ax.com>, eggster2k
    <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> writes
    >I should be getting my new k700i soon from o2 online (uk), a
    >refreshing change from nokia hopefully!
    >
    >My question is if i were to get a syncstation DSS-25 for about £15 on
    >ebay.co.uk, hook it and the k700i upto the pc would i be able to use
    >the online firmware update service without any probs?

    It is now possible to debrand the phone using a T28 _*SERVICE*_ cable
    and the software and credit from www.faceoffmobiles.com and various
    others. Once decustomised, you can apply further firmware updates
    through the synch station.
    --
    Pete Devlin
    Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.

Ericsson Mobile Firmware