SE K700i - o2 branding?

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

How far do o2 go with branding the k700i? Is it just a few settings
i.e. wap and mms and maybe a few wallpapers? or worse?

TIA

Chris
11 answers Last reply
More about k700i branding
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
    > How far do o2 go with branding the k700i? Is it just a few settings
    > i.e. wap and mms and maybe a few wallpapers? or worse?

    WAP and MMS Settings - Can Be Deleted
    Wallpaper - Can Be Changed
    Startup Screen - Can be Disabled/Changed
    Shutdown Screen - Can be Changed
    O2 Icon in Menu - Can't be changed.

    Thats it.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 13:24:24 +0100, Justin Johnson wrote:

    > "eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
    >> How far do o2 go with branding the k700i? Is it just a few settings i.e.
    >> wap and mms and maybe a few wallpapers? or worse?
    >
    > WAP and MMS Settings - Can Be Deleted Wallpaper - Can Be Changed
    > Startup Screen - Can be Disabled/Changed Shutdown Screen - Can be Changed
    > O2 Icon in Menu - Can't be changed.
    >
    > Thats it.

    What about the right-hand useful 'More' softkey ? Bet that's gone in
    favour of a useless 'O2 Active' key.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 13:24:24 +0100, Justin Johnson wrote:
    >

    > > "eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
    > >> How far do o2 go with branding the k700i? Is it just a few settings
    i.e.
    > >> wap and mms and maybe a few wallpapers? or worse?
    > >
    > > WAP and MMS Settings - Can Be Deleted Wallpaper - Can Be Changed
    > > Startup Screen - Can be Disabled/Changed Shutdown Screen - Can be
    Changed
    > > O2 Icon in Menu - Can't be changed.
    > >
    > > Thats it.
    >
    > What about the right-hand useful 'More' softkey ? Bet that's gone in
    > favour of a useless 'O2 Active' key

    You'll be suprised to learn it's been completely untouched!
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:30:52 +0100, "Justin Johnson"
    <justin.johnson@NOSPAM.bluesweb.co.uk> wrote:

    >"michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 13:24:24 +0100, Justin Johnson wrote:
    >>

    >> > "eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
    >i.e.
    >> >
    >> > WAP and MMS Settings - Can Be Deleted Wallpaper - Can Be Changed
    >> > Startup Screen - Can be Disabled/Changed Shutdown Screen - Can be
    >Changed
    >> > O2 Icon in Menu - Can't be changed.
    >> >
    >> > Thats it.
    >>
    >> What about the right-hand useful 'More' softkey ? Bet that's gone in
    >> favour of a useless 'O2 Active' key
    >
    >You'll be suprised to learn it's been completely untouched!

    but ive managed to disable the online key at the side, well changed it
    so it goes straight to "write new text message" as i was getting fed
    up with it going online ;-)

    -----
    sms text addict? www.smstextaddict.co.uk
    been_bluejacked? www.bluejackaddict.co.uk
    -----
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 14:30:52 +0100, Justin Johnson wrote:

    > "michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 13:24:24 +0100, Justin Johnson wrote:
    >>

    >> > "eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
    > i.e.
    >> >
    >> > WAP and MMS Settings - Can Be Deleted Wallpaper - Can Be Changed
    >> > Startup Screen - Can be Disabled/Changed Shutdown Screen - Can be
    > Changed
    >> > O2 Icon in Menu - Can't be changed.
    >> >
    >> > Thats it.
    >>
    >> What about the right-hand useful 'More' softkey ? Bet that's gone in
    >> favour of a useless 'O2 Active' key
    >
    > You'll be suprised to learn it's been completely untouched!

    Thats good to here.

    Which is totally unlike the T-mobile branded/butchered/raped k700i, where
    the 'More' softkey is sacrificed in favour of a 'T-zones' button. This
    seems incredibly stupid and pointless as there is already a 'T-zones'
    button on the side of this phone.... Same with Vodafone Live! versions.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:24:24 +0100, "Justin Johnson"
    <justin.johnson@NOSPAM.bluesweb.co.uk> wrote:

    >"eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
    >> How far do o2 go with branding the k700i? Is it just a few settings
    >> i.e. wap and mms and maybe a few wallpapers? or worse?
    >
    >WAP and MMS Settings - Can Be Deleted
    >Wallpaper - Can Be Changed
    >Startup Screen - Can be Disabled/Changed
    >Shutdown Screen - Can be Changed
    >O2 Icon in Menu - Can't be changed.
    >
    >Thats it.

    cheers mate. nice to see o2 customisation of the k700i isn't bad.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:30:52 +0100, "Justin Johnson"
    <justin.johnson@NOSPAM.bluesweb.co.uk> wrote:

    >"michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 13:24:24 +0100, Justin Johnson wrote:
    >>

    >> > "eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
    >i.e.
    >> >
    >> > WAP and MMS Settings - Can Be Deleted Wallpaper - Can Be Changed
    >> > Startup Screen - Can be Disabled/Changed Shutdown Screen - Can be
    >Changed
    >> > O2 Icon in Menu - Can't be changed.
    >> >
    >> > Thats it.
    >>
    >> What about the right-hand useful 'More' softkey ? Bet that's gone in
    >> favour of a useless 'O2 Active' key
    >
    >You'll be suprised to learn it's been completely untouched!

    brilliant!
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    > You'll be suprised to learn it's been completely untouched!

    Does the O2 version still allow mp3's to be used as ring tones?

    TIA.

    ...Ray
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "eko" <eko@NOSPAMekosheren.com> wrote in message
    >> You'll be suprised to learn it's been completely untouched!
    >
    > Does the O2 version still allow mp3's to be used as ring tones?

    Yep
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    Justin Johnson" <justin.johnson@NOSPAM.bluesweb.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "eko" <eko@NOSPAMekosheren.com> wrote in message
    >>> You'll be suprised to learn it's been completely untouched!
    >>
    >> Does the O2 version still allow mp3's to be used as ring tones?
    >
    > Yep

    Incidentily, what's o2's new branding-campaign all about? All phones i've
    seen/had through them have customised software, which is fair enough. I
    don't know what's better though, no branding, o2 branding, or
    severe-vodafone-live-branding-with-stickers-all-over-the-phone.

    Yep, none or o2's me thinks
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 17:26:37 -0000, "eko" <eko@NOSPAMekosheren.com>
    wrote:

    >> You'll be suprised to learn it's been completely untouched!
    >
    >Does the O2 version still allow mp3's to be used as ring tones?
    >
    >TIA.
    >
    >..Ray

    yes unlike the vodaphone branded ones that ive heard about.
    -----
    sms text addict? www.smstextaddict.co.uk
    been_bluejacked? www.bluejackaddict.co.uk
    -----