HELP!! Serious Problem!!!

G

Help!! My system is very weird after I installed "Renegade Multiplayer Demo", "United Devices Agent" and some clean up(it is about the invalid file links, something like that)using Norton WinDoctor 2001(well...I think installing some software or Del. some unused file won't couse this!maybe the Windows problem :b)
The Problem is like this:After I quit a game like Counter-Strike, C&C:Renegade Demo...(and sometime even softwares but it is not very often) the screen will become black colour(The monitor power is still on, not "Energy Saving mode!") I've tried all the keys like Ctrl+Alt+Del, Alt+Tab, Ctrl+ESC....but no use(I can hear the Hard Disk loading), If I press the power button on my PC Case, the desktop will appear and my machine will turn to "Sleep Mode", then I need to move a mouse/press a key to wake it up.... it will display my Desktop normaly and I can play another game :b.it is suck! I don't wanna press the Power botton and move my mouse/press a key everytime after I Quit the Games...
Can Any Help Me???

My System:
Windows ME(Lastest Version)
Direct X8
Takrem VIA KX133 motherboard with AMD Athlon 500Mhz Slot A(Overclocked to 600)
Inno3D GeForce2 MX400
Seagate 8G Harddisk
320Mb RAM

G

I have tried..but it doesn't work
do I need to format my harddisk and re-install WinME?

That would be a last resort, if its an unfamiliar process for you. If you're used to it and have a full back-up, I don't ever see the harm in it, but then I have a full system restore in 5-15 minutes depending on the back-ups I choose to restore.

I'd try re-installing Win-ME over the old installation. This should replace any lost or corrupted system files (and add all the icons you deleted originally :smile: ).

Double check that you have ACPI enabled in your BIOS.

Finally if you have DMA checked in the properties of your hard drive (device manager), try unchecking it to see if this works.

If all this doesn't work, I'm out of ideas for now. Perhaps the UD agent is configured wrongly or maybe you should avoid using it while playing games (it probably won't run quickly during these times anyway).

:cool: <b><font color=blue>The Cisco Kid</font color=blue></b> :cool: