how long first charge

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
October 8, 2004 3:33:41 PM

Just got a new K700i. I am told 2 hours is enough to charge on first charge.
Correct or not ?

More about : long charge

Anonymous
October 8, 2004 8:38:29 PM

"-keevill-" <keevilluss@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Just got a new K700i. I am told 2 hours is enough to charge on first
charge.
> Correct or not ?

I thought it was 10+ hours for the first couple of charges, especially with
the K700 and defiantly if it's on R2A firmware:

http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?showtopic=530...
Anonymous
October 9, 2004 5:14:54 AM

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 11:33:41 +0700, "-keevill-" <keevilluss@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Just got a new K700i. I am told 2 hours is enough to charge on first charge.
>Correct or not ?

Charge it at least for 12 hours
November 7, 2004 2:46:11 PM

> Just got a new K700i. I am told 2 hours is enough to charge on first
charge.
> Correct or not ?

Bought mine yesterday in an Orange shop and was told to charge it for
16 hours. Yes, sixteen.
--
David
Anonymous

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <2v6gcfF2hrdqbU1@uni-berlin.de> on Sun, 7 Nov 2004 11:46:11 -0000, "David
Lees" <d.lees@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>"-keevill-" <keevilluss@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> Just got a new K700i. I am told 2 hours is enough to charge on first charge.
>> Correct or not ?
>
>Bought mine yesterday in an Orange shop and was told to charge it for
>16 hours. Yes, sixteen.

Whoever said that probably just made it up.

November 9, 2004 3:42:40 PM

> >> Just got a new K700i. I am told 2 hours is enough to charge on
first charge.
> >> Correct or not ?
> >
> >Bought mine yesterday in an Orange shop and was told to charge it
for
> >16 hours. Yes, sixteen.
>
> Whoever said that probably just made it up.

Possibly, but it's similar to whatever I've been told whenever I've
got myself
a new phone. However, this is my first SE, all my previous phones (5
of
them, going back about 8 years) were Nokia. And I realise that
battery
technology is constantly improving.

I played safe and followed the 16 hour recommendation, since I didn't
think
it'd do any harm. Time will tell, I suppose.
--
David
Anonymous

"David Lees" <d.lees@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> first charge.
>> >
>> >Bought mine yesterday in an Orange shop and was told to charge it
> for
>> >16 hours. Yes, sixteen.
>>
>> Whoever said that probably just made it up.
>
> Possibly, but it's similar to whatever I've been told whenever I've
> got myself
> a new phone. However, this is my first SE, all my previous phones (5
> of
> them, going back about 8 years) were Nokia. And I realise that
> battery
> technology is constantly improving.
>
> I played safe and followed the 16 hour recommendation, since I didn't
> think
> it'd do any harm. Time will tell, I suppose.
> --
> David

Charged my P910 for 4 hours as per instructions and the battery life was
pants. I then let it run down and charged it for 16 hours and the difference
is huge!

Alan
Anonymous
November 10, 2004 9:04:16 PM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <9badnUUmLKda2w_cRVnyiw@pipex.net> on Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:34:53 -0000,
"Fitness Fiend" <FitnessFiend@coldmail.com> wrote:

>"David Lees" <d.lees@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> first charge.

>> for
>>>
>>> Whoever said that probably just made it up.
>>
>> Possibly, but it's similar to whatever I've been told whenever I've
>> got myself
>> a new phone. However, this is my first SE, all my previous phones (5
>> of
>> them, going back about 8 years) were Nokia. And I realise that
>> battery
>> technology is constantly improving.
>>
>> I played safe and followed the 16 hour recommendation, since I didn't
>> think
>> it'd do any harm. Time will tell, I suppose.

>Charged my P910 for 4 hours as per instructions and the battery life was
>pants. I then let it run down and charged it for 16 hours and the difference
>is huge!

That's probably more a result of power charge-discharge cycling then of length
of charge -- rechargeable batteries often take a few cycles to reach their
full capacity.