how long first charge

Just got a new K700i. I am told 2 hours is enough to charge on first charge.
Correct or not ?
7 answers Last reply
More about long charge

    "-keevill-" <keevilluss@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Just got a new K700i. I am told 2 hours is enough to charge on first
    charge.
    > Correct or not ?

    I thought it was 10+ hours for the first couple of charges, especially with
    the K700 and defiantly if it's on R2A firmware:

    http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?showtopic=5303

    On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 11:33:41 +0700, "-keevill-" <keevilluss@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >Just got a new K700i. I am told 2 hours is enough to charge on first charge.
    >Correct or not ?

    Charge it at least for 12 hours

    > Just got a new K700i. I am told 2 hours is enough to charge on first
    charge.
    > Correct or not ?

    Bought mine yesterday in an Orange shop and was told to charge it for
    16 hours. Yes, sixteen.
    --
    David

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <2v6gcfF2hrdqbU1@uni-berlin.de> on Sun, 7 Nov 2004 11:46:11 -0000, "David
    Lees" <d.lees@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >"-keevill-" <keevilluss@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >> Just got a new K700i. I am told 2 hours is enough to charge on first charge.
    >> Correct or not ?
    >
    >Bought mine yesterday in an Orange shop and was told to charge it for
    >16 hours. Yes, sixteen.

    Whoever said that probably just made it up.

    > >> Just got a new K700i. I am told 2 hours is enough to charge on
    first charge.
    > >> Correct or not ?
    > >
    > >Bought mine yesterday in an Orange shop and was told to charge it
    for
    > >16 hours. Yes, sixteen.
    >
    > Whoever said that probably just made it up.

    Possibly, but it's similar to whatever I've been told whenever I've
    got myself
    a new phone. However, this is my first SE, all my previous phones (5
    of
    them, going back about 8 years) were Nokia. And I realise that
    battery
    technology is constantly improving.

    I played safe and followed the 16 hour recommendation, since I didn't
    think
    it'd do any harm. Time will tell, I suppose.
    --
    David

    "David Lees" <d.lees@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > first charge.
    >> >
    >> >Bought mine yesterday in an Orange shop and was told to charge it
    > for
    >> >16 hours. Yes, sixteen.
    >>
    >> Whoever said that probably just made it up.
    >
    > Possibly, but it's similar to whatever I've been told whenever I've
    > got myself
    > a new phone. However, this is my first SE, all my previous phones (5
    > of
    > them, going back about 8 years) were Nokia. And I realise that
    > battery
    > technology is constantly improving.
    >
    > I played safe and followed the 16 hour recommendation, since I didn't
    > think
    > it'd do any harm. Time will tell, I suppose.
    > --
    > David

    Charged my P910 for 4 hours as per instructions and the battery life was
    pants. I then let it run down and charged it for 16 hours and the difference
    is huge!

    Alan

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <9badnUUmLKda2w_cRVnyiw@pipex.net> on Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:34:53 -0000,
    "Fitness Fiend" <FitnessFiend@coldmail.com> wrote:

    >"David Lees" <d.lees@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >> first charge.

    >> for
    >>>
    >>> Whoever said that probably just made it up.
    >>
    >> Possibly, but it's similar to whatever I've been told whenever I've
    >> got myself
    >> a new phone. However, this is my first SE, all my previous phones (5
    >> of
    >> them, going back about 8 years) were Nokia. And I realise that
    >> battery
    >> technology is constantly improving.
    >>
    >> I played safe and followed the 16 hour recommendation, since I didn't
    >> think
    >> it'd do any harm. Time will tell, I suppose.

    >Charged my P910 for 4 hours as per instructions and the battery life was
    >pants. I then let it run down and charged it for 16 hours and the difference
    >is huge!

    That's probably more a result of power charge-discharge cycling then of length
    of charge -- rechargeable batteries often take a few cycles to reach their
    full capacity.

Ericsson