SE P910i on Orange UK -- problem with remote sync

Tags:
  • Ericsson
Last response: in Brands
October 8, 2004 6:32:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Trying to get my (Orange branded) P910i working with the Orange Sync
service ...

Anyone successfully done it yet? Or at least with the P900? If so,
please let me know how!

Although the P910i isn't officially supported (yet) on the Sync
service, I've naively assumed that the P900 settings will work.
Interestingly, the Orange site makes no mention of creating a new WAP
profile on the P900 specifically for the Sync service, as I had to do
with my previous T610. Can that be right? And even if I did have a
specific WAP profile, I can't see how to associate it with the Remote
Sync application on the P910i -- there's no selection mechanism.

TIA.

Stu C

More about : p910i orange problem remote sync

Anonymous
October 25, 2004 2:38:39 AM

"Stuart Cormie" <cormie@uk2.net> wrote in message
> Trying to get my (Orange branded) P910i working with the Orange Sync
> service ...
>
> Anyone successfully done it yet? Or at least with the P900? If so,
> please let me know how!
>
> Although the P910i isn't officially supported (yet) on the Sync
> service, I've naively assumed that the P900 settings will work.
> Interestingly, the Orange site makes no mention of creating a new WAP
> profile on the P900 specifically for the Sync service, as I had to do
> with my previous T610. Can that be right? And even if I did have a
> specific WAP profile, I can't see how to associate it with the Remote
> Sync application on the P910i -- there's no selection mechanism.
>
> TIA.
>
> Stu C

Not specific to Orange Synch but I cant synch with anything!

Got my Orange 910 a week ago. I think its faulty. Constant lock ups with
"Program Closed Reason Code ViewSrv". Cant move or copy any pics/videos to
the memstick. Cant delete any files. Cant synch to PC to do a backup. I'm
pretty P'd off and upset. Took loads of pics and vids on Saturday at a
friends wedding so I'm keen to back them up somehow! I darent remove the
battery to try a re-set as I'm sure that'll delete everything. Unless it has
a built in backup batt that will retain the contents long enough to fit a
new batt? Any idea?

Boo Hoo. Other than this hiccup I think its a great device. I'll be on to my
supplier tomorrow and hope to get a brand new exchange!

Ian
October 25, 2004 4:40:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Ian Roberts reckoned that...
> Got my Orange 910 a week ago. I think its faulty. Constant lock ups with
> "Program Closed Reason Code ViewSrv". Cant move or copy any pics/videos to
> the memstick. Cant delete any files. Cant synch to PC to do a backup. I'm
> pretty P'd off and upset. Took loads of pics and vids on Saturday at a
> friends wedding so I'm keen to back them up somehow! I darent remove the
> battery to try a re-set as I'm sure that'll delete everything. Unless it has
> a built in backup batt that will retain the contents long enough to fit a
> new batt? Any idea?
>
> Boo Hoo. Other than this hiccup I think its a great device. I'll be on to my
> supplier tomorrow and hope to get a brand new exchange!

Removing the battery will not wipe your contents.

Also, you should try using the backup/restore utility which is provided
with the phone. It works without having the phone running as such, a
kind of low-level operational state.

If you successfully manage that then there are ways of extracting the
individual files from the backup file.
--
www.unlockingshop.co.uk
SonyEricsson K700i unlock/unbrand - £22.50

"Jon" <spam@unlockingshop.co.uk> wrote in message
> Ian Roberts reckoned that...
>> Got my Orange 910 a week ago. I think its faulty. Constant lock ups with
>> "Program Closed Reason Code ViewSrv". Cant move or copy any pics/videos
>> the memstick. Cant delete any files. Cant synch to PC to do a backup. I'm
>> pretty P'd off and upset. Took loads of pics and vids on Saturday at a
>> friends wedding so I'm keen to back them up somehow! I darent remove the
>> battery to try a re-set as I'm sure that'll delete everything. Unless it
>> has
>> a built in backup batt that will retain the contents long enough to fit a
>> new batt? Any idea?
>>
>> Boo Hoo. Other than this hiccup I think its a great device. I'll be on to
>> my
>> supplier tomorrow and hope to get a brand new exchange!
>
> Removing the battery will not wipe your contents.
>
> Also, you should try using the backup/restore utility which is provided
> with the phone. It works without having the phone running as such, a
> kind of low-level operational state.
>
> If you successfully manage that then there are ways of extracting the
> individual files from the backup file.
> --
> www.unlockingshop.co.uk
> SonyEricsson K700i unlock/unbrand - £22.50
> Nokia 7600 Factory re-setting - £10
> New LG / Sharp / VK / Sendo / Motorola phones added to the range

Hi Jon

Thanks a lot for replying. Really appreciate the info.

As the phone is so new and Ive been so busy, I havent had a chance to become
familiar with all the facilities yet. I managed to do a succesful backup
late last night which is a big relief!. Dont know how long it took - let it
just get on with it and went to bed!

Just wondering how I can extract individual files...is it possible to log
into my Orange Backup space via a PC?

Thanks again

Ian I^)
Anonymous
October 25, 2004 2:45:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

to access individual files you find the archive (wherever it puts them in
the computer... usually some obscure place like documents and settings...
application sony erricsson.

then copy the backup file and rename the extension zip.

that allows you to use a standard zip archive programme to browse the
contents

"Ian Roberts" <sorry@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message

> "Jon" <spam@unlockingshop.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Ian Roberts reckoned that...
>>> Got my Orange 910 a week ago. I think its faulty. Constant lock ups with
>>> "Program Closed Reason Code ViewSrv". Cant move or copy any pics/videos
>>> the memstick. Cant delete any files. Cant synch to PC to do a backup.
>>> I'm
>>> pretty P'd off and upset. Took loads of pics and vids on Saturday at a
>>> friends wedding so I'm keen to back them up somehow! I darent remove the
>>> battery to try a re-set as I'm sure that'll delete everything. Unless it
>>> has
>>> a built in backup batt that will retain the contents long enough to fit
>>> new batt? Any idea?
>>>
>>> Boo Hoo. Other than this hiccup I think its a great device. I'll be on
>>> to my
>>> supplier tomorrow and hope to get a brand new exchange!
>>
>> Removing the battery will not wipe your contents.
>>
>> Also, you should try using the backup/restore utility which is provided
>> with the phone. It works without having the phone running as such, a
>> kind of low-level operational state.
>>
>> If you successfully manage that then there are ways of extracting the
>> individual files from the backup file.
>> --
>> www.unlockingshop.co.uk
>> SonyEricsson K700i unlock/unbrand - £22.50
>> Nokia 7600 Factory re-setting - £10
>> New LG / Sharp / VK / Sendo / Motorola phones added to the range
>
> Hi Jon
>
> Thanks a lot for replying. Really appreciate the info.
>
> As the phone is so new and Ive been so busy, I havent had a chance to
> become familiar with all the facilities yet. I managed to do a succesful
> backup late last night which is a big relief!. Dont know how long it
> took - let it just get on with it and went to bed!
>
> Just wondering how I can extract individual files...is it possible to log
> into my Orange Backup space via a PC?
>
> Thanks again
>
> Ian I^)

October 25, 2004 3:38:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Ian Roberts reckoned that...
> As the phone is so new and Ive been so busy, I havent had a chance to become
> familiar with all the facilities yet. I managed to do a succesful backup
> late last night which is a big relief!. Dont know how long it took - let it
> just get on with it and went to bed!

A backup of just the phone memory takes about 10 mins.

> Just wondering how I can extract individual files...is it possible to log
> into my Orange Backup space via a PC?

The backup program outputs to a file on your hard drive, not the same
thing as the Orange Backup utility which is a remote-based service.
Another poster in this thread has already detailed how to extract
various files from the backup.
--
!