Onkyo 602 zone 2 question

Last response: in Home Audio
April 19, 2005 2:34:26 PM

Per the following text from the Onkyo 602 user's guide, the Zone 2
speakers can not be sourced from the digital inputs. My question is,
can you connect an audio device to both the analog and the digital
inputs, and then get the analog audio to route to the zone 2 speakers?

"Only analog input sources are output by the ZONE 2
LINE OUT and ZONE 2 SPEAKERS terminals. Digital
input sources are not output."
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 9:13:50 AM

wlmcneil79@yahoo.com wrote:
> Per the following text from the Onkyo 602 user's guide, the Zone 2
> speakers can not be sourced from the digital inputs. My question is,
> can you connect an audio device to both the analog and the digital
> inputs, and then get the analog audio to route to the zone 2 speakers?
>
> "Only analog input sources are output by the ZONE 2
> LINE OUT and ZONE 2 SPEAKERS terminals. Digital
> input sources are not output."

Sounds like this would work. The analog part would be available to the zone
2 output. I'm a bit murky on multi-room stuff though, never used any of it
myself, and only work on it when there's a particular problem.

Mark Z.
!