Whats the difference between a DSR920 and DSR922

Tags:
  • 4DTV Satellite
  • Video
Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
September 17, 2005 10:01:36 PM

I'm slowly getting into BUD and I would like to buy one or the other.
If someone has I link that would be great also. TIA

More about : whats difference dsr920 dsr922

Anonymous
September 17, 2005 10:26:58 PM

I am not sure entirely,but I do not think that the model 920 is
manufactured anymore.The chief difference between the two that I can
detect is that the 922 has Dolby AC-3 5.1 surround sound
processing,while the 920 just has standard Dolby Pro-Logic 5.0 surround
sound.
If you get a 920,it is sure to be used or reconditioned.I have a 920,it
serves my needs fine,but the 922 has the more updated advanced features
although in my opinion,they are minor.The 922 has a newer improved one
piece motherboard too.
September 17, 2005 11:29:11 PM

Thanks for the info SAC 441 and thanks for the link DRLev thats just
what I was looking for.
September 18, 2005 5:46:13 AM

http://www.bigdish.info/

Click on DSR922 in the left frame

"Sauger" <ottoschmink@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| I'm slowly getting into BUD and I would like to buy one or the other.
| If someone has I link that would be great also. TIA

Anonymous
September 18, 2005 5:46:14 AM

Note to DRLev:
On the BIG DISH INFO page when comparing the differences between the
922,920 and 905 add-on sidecars there is a glaring discrepancy.
When you link on the 1st GENERATION 4DTV on the right of the
page(920),it says the 905 has currently 25 timers available.BUT....when
you link on the 2ND GENERATION 4DTV link(922),the same contrast
comparison says it only has 5 timers?? Which is correct? Not that it
really makes much difference.
!