Any Recommendations?

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
April 8, 2004 2:29:04 AM

I have a working BUD and am just now hearing about FTA & DVB and would like
to learn about how to upgrade my system and what's involved. Are there some
sites you would recommend? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe

More about : recommendations

Anonymous
April 8, 2004 2:29:05 AM

JW wrote:
> I have a working BUD and am just now hearing about FTA & DVB and would like
> to learn about how to upgrade my system and what's involved. Are there some
> sites you would recommend? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe

Keep your existing IRD and use a FTA DVB receiver as a slave. It
takes two remotes to operate the system, but it works well.

For web sites with info try these:
http://skyvision.com/pages/information_center/mpeg_faq....
http://www.coolstf.com/mpeg/
http://www.dmsiusa.com/faq.htm

I'm sure others will offer more info.

Take care,
Rich

God bless the USA

--
"Oh see the little deer, has the deer a little doe?"
"Yeah, two bucks!"

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 22:29:04 GMT, "JW" <jweb@swbell.net> wrote:

>I have a working BUD and am just now hearing about FTA & DVB and would like
>to learn about how to upgrade my system and what's involved. Are there some
>sites you would recommend? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe

If your dish and LNBs are fine, installation is as simple as splitting
the C and Ku lines, and using some sort of switch the DVB receiver can
control.

A lot of people seem to like the Satworks 3188 and the Fortec Lifteime
Ultra.
April 10, 2004 7:45:39 PM

I don't use/have KU on my BUD. I believe the LNB is a Chaparral 15 or 20
degree, Superjack actuator, 10.5 mesh dish and my receiver is a GI 450i. Do
you think this setup will work with a FTA receiver? What is in the C band
kit I've heard about? Thanks, Joe

!