Sign in with
Your question

Audigy Platinum + Asus A7V333 = bad?

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
May 27, 2002 6:26:11 AM

A friend is having me put together a system for him and he wants EAX Advanced HD, so that means going with an Audigy. The motherboard I'm recommending to him is the Asus A7V333. Will the Audigy have any problems with the Asus mobo? There will just be a D-Link Ethernet card in one of the other PCI slots, and a GF4 Ti4400 in the AGP. Thanks
May 27, 2002 11:14:29 AM

nope, i don't think there is any problem unless you didn't install those drivers properly.
May 27, 2002 2:29:39 PM

You should not have any problem. Audigy and my Asus A7V266 work fine.
Related resources
May 28, 2002 7:00:20 PM

There won't be any problems specifically related to the A7V333, no.

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>
May 28, 2002 7:07:50 PM

lol. Is that like saying "Yes, we can guarantee your nuclear power supply will work with your lighting but we cannot guarantee your oven won't expload or your vcr won't melt your tapes."

Just had me laughing with that response.

Shouldn't have any problems though, no. At least not with the motherboard.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out
Anonymous
May 28, 2002 10:54:26 PM

Ok, i'll be more specific...will i have problems with the VIA KT333 chipset on the board? I have heard that Audigys will act a bit screwy with VIA chipsets.
May 29, 2002 3:08:14 PM

pretty much old news. Newer boards have been doing fine according to what i've read which means any major 333 chipset would be good to go. Asus's new boards work dandy, seen that one first hand.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out
May 29, 2002 5:32:29 PM

No, you shouldn't have any compatability problems with the Audigy and the KT333.

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>
May 31, 2002 4:59:42 AM

to the poster who said audigy and via chipset can act screwy together...would it be screwy enough to upset irq assignments? I am having a problem with an AD11 mobo with an audigy card...can't get keyboard or mouse recognition just a long buzzing sound...also notice 5 devices assigned to irq 11.....is it possible this sound card and chipset can cause such a problem?
May 31, 2002 1:47:56 PM

lets put it this way, 5 devices on 1 irq is toooooo damn much.

!