Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Email account setting problem: what does 'activation rejec..

Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
October 9, 2004 8:08:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

I have a brand new P910i. Internet connection works quite well via GPRS, ie, I have access
to the Internet. I try to setup my email account, using the same data as on my PC mailer.
However, when I try to get the mail, the P910i connects to the ISP (I guess) but then
comes back with a message 'activation rejected'? I am stuck, I simply do not know what
this message refers to. I tried to switch on and off the secure password authentication
entry in the advanced field, but no difference.

Does anybody know what this error message means? It would help me to move forward...

Thanks

Ivan Herman
Anonymous
October 9, 2004 8:08:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <4167f0c4$0$61741$abc4f4c3@news.euronet.nl> on Sat, 09 Oct 2004 16:08:24
+0200, Ivan Herman <ivan@ivan-herman.net> wrote:

>I have a brand new P910i. Internet connection works quite well via GPRS, ie, I have access
>to the Internet. I try to setup my email account, using the same data as on my PC mailer.
>However, when I try to get the mail, the P910i connects to the ISP (I guess) but then
>comes back with a message 'activation rejected'? I am stuck, I simply do not know what
>this message refers to. I tried to switch on and off the secure password authentication
>entry in the advanced field, but no difference.
>
>Does anybody know what this error message means? It would help me to move forward...

I'm guessing it means wrong ID or password.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
October 9, 2004 9:05:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

John Navas wrote:
> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <4167f0c4$0$61741$abc4f4c3@news.euronet.nl> on Sat, 09 Oct 2004 16:08:24
> +0200, Ivan Herman <ivan@ivan-herman.net> wrote:
>
>
>>I have a brand new P910i. Internet connection works quite well via GPRS, ie, I have access
>>to the Internet. I try to setup my email account, using the same data as on my PC mailer.
>>However, when I try to get the mail, the P910i connects to the ISP (I guess) but then
>>comes back with a message 'activation rejected'? I am stuck, I simply do not know what
>>this message refers to. I tried to switch on and off the secure password authentication
>>entry in the advanced field, but no difference.
>>
>>Does anybody know what this error message means? It would help me to move forward...
>
>
> I'm guessing it means wrong ID or password.
>
I tried that... have typed in my ID and password at least four times! ;-(

Ivan
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
October 10, 2004 1:01:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

Ivan Herman wrote:
> I have a brand new P910i. Internet connection works quite well via GPRS,
> ie, I have access to the Internet. I try to setup my email account,
> using the same data as on my PC mailer. However, when I try to get the
> mail, the P910i connects to the ISP (I guess) but then comes back with a
> message 'activation rejected'? I am stuck, I simply do not know what
> this message refers to. I tried to switch on and off the secure password
> authentication entry in the advanced field, but no difference.
>
> Does anybody know what this error message means? It would help me to
> move forward...
>
> Thanks
>
> Ivan Herman

When you say internet connection works, do you mean Opera or the
internal browser? If you haven't tested Opera, maybe all you have for
internet connection is a GPRS WAP account. In that case you will need
to set up a GPRS Internet account on your phone, and use that for Opera
and E-mail.

Your mobile service provicer should have the information you need. You
might also check if Sony Ericsson's support pages for the P910i has a
setting for your country and provider.
Anonymous
October 10, 2004 1:27:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

fm wrote:
> Ivan Herman wrote:
>
>> I have a brand new P910i. Internet connection works quite well via
>> GPRS, ie, I have access to the Internet. I try to setup my email
>> account, using the same data as on my PC mailer. However, when I try
>> to get the mail, the P910i connects to the ISP (I guess) but then
>> comes back with a message 'activation rejected'? I am stuck, I simply
>> do not know what this message refers to. I tried to switch on and off
>> the secure password authentication entry in the advanced field, but no
>> difference.
>>
>> Does anybody know what this error message means? It would help me to
>> move forward...
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Ivan Herman
>
>
> When you say internet connection works, do you mean Opera or the
> internal browser? If you haven't tested Opera, maybe all you have for
> internet connection is a GPRS WAP account. In that case you will need
> to set up a GPRS Internet account on your phone, and use that for Opera
> and E-mail.
>
> Your mobile service provicer should have the information you need. You
> might also check if Sony Ericsson's support pages for the P910i has a
> setting for your country and provider.


That might be a problem, thanks for point that out! The problem is that T-Mobile (my
provider), in their infinite wisdom, try to introduce other terms. So the setup I use is
called 't-zones GPRS'. The installation SMS-s installed some others, too, like 't-zones
WAP', and I have no idea what they are. I guess I'll have to call them to find out (unless
there is somebody here who is also a T-Mobile customer...).

To answer your question: the built-in browser works without problems. But I had problems
with Opera indeed: it started working well, but after my attempts with the email it
stopped working, after complicated de-installation (which involved deleting the init files
of Opera manually) and re-installation it started working again, then it stopped
working... sigh.

I appreciate your help. Thanks 'fm'!

Ivan
!