Z600 - NO ACCESS error

I have a sony ericsson Z600 bought new in the far east. It worked for a
while when I got back to the uk, but now it just says no access whatever sim
is fitted. Any idea what causes this and what I can do to fix it?

--
Regards,

Simon
6 answers Last reply
More about z600 access error

    On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 22:50:27 +0000, crowflies wrote:

    > I have a sony ericsson Z600 bought new in the far east. It worked for a
    > while when I got back to the uk, but now it just says no access whatever
    > sim is fitted. Any idea what causes this and what I can do to fix it?

    Could be duff or IMEI blacklisted. Your SP should be able to tell you if
    the phone's IMEI is blacklisted.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg

    Thanks for the info, I'll try and find out from an SP if it is blacklisted.
    Its behaviour might hint at that, as each SP's SIM was added it would first
    show the SP name - e.g. orange, but then when you try to call it says NO
    ACCESS and from that point that SIM wouldnt even register.

    What could cause it to be blacklisted? sounds like the sort of thing an SP
    would do if it were stolen, but this was definitely bought from a legit
    vendor...

    /Simon
    "michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 22:50:27 +0000, crowflies wrote:
    >
    >> I have a sony ericsson Z600 bought new in the far east. It worked for a
    >> while when I got back to the uk, but now it just says no access whatever
    >> sim is fitted. Any idea what causes this and what I can do to fix it?
    >
    > Could be duff or IMEI blacklisted. Your SP should be able to tell you if
    > the phone's IMEI is blacklisted.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Turner
    > Email (ROT13)
    > zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg

    On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, at 22:50:27 [GMT +0000 (UTC)] (08:50:27 Sunday, 10
    October 2004 where I live) "crowflies" wrote:

    > I have a sony ericsson Z600 bought new in the far east. It worked for a
    > while when I got back to the uk, but now it just says no access whatever sim
    > is fitted. Any idea what causes this and what I can do to fix it?

    Locked phone to "far east" network?

    --

    The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize
    it's a do-it-yourself thing.

    On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 14:34:22 +1000, John Phillips wrote:

    > On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, at 22:50:27 [GMT +0000 (UTC)] (08:50:27 Sunday, 10
    > October 2004 where I live) "crowflies" wrote:
    >
    >> I have a sony ericsson Z600 bought new in the far east. It worked for a
    >> while when I got back to the uk, but now it just says no access whatever
    >> sim is fitted. Any idea what causes this and what I can do to fix it?
    >

    > Locked phone to "far east" network?

    I wouldn't have thought so, as the OP did say it worked in the UK for a
    while.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg

    On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 09:51:55 +0000, crowflies wrote:

    > Thanks for the info, I'll try and find out from an SP if it is
    > blacklisted. Its behaviour might hint at that, as each SP's SIM was added
    > it would first show the SP name - e.g. orange, but then when you try to
    > call it says NO ACCESS and from that point that SIM wouldnt even register.
    >
    > What could cause it to be blacklisted? sounds like the sort of thing an SP
    > would do if it were stolen, but this was definitely bought from a legit
    > vendor...

    The phone could just be duff however. Try doing a manual network search,
    see if it actually finds Vodafone, Orange, etc. And if it don't find
    anything, then you'll know it's duff.

    Presumebly you do have a SE international warranty.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg

    it belongs to my son's girlfriend who of course left it in thailand.....

    > On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 09:51:55 +0000, crowflies wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks for the info, I'll try and find out from an SP if it is
    >> blacklisted. Its behaviour might hint at that, as each SP's SIM was added
    >> it would first show the SP name - e.g. orange, but then when you try to
    >> call it says NO ACCESS and from that point that SIM wouldnt even
    >> register.
    >>
    >> What could cause it to be blacklisted? sounds like the sort of thing an
    >> SP
    >> would do if it were stolen, but this was definitely bought from a legit
    >> vendor...
    >
    > The phone could just be duff however. Try doing a manual network search,
    > see if it actually finds Vodafone, Orange, etc. And if it don't find
    > anything, then you'll know it's duff.
    >
    > Presumebly you do have a SE international warranty.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Turner
    > Email (ROT13)
    > zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg