k700i Java speed.

Last response: in Brands
October 11, 2004 12:49:30 AM

Been playing with(evaluating) a SE k700i, and what grabbed my attention
the most is the included 'Super Real Tennis' Java game. All I can say is
wow!!. It's quite impressive graphically, almost on a level with some
3D Sony PSone console games.

Now I always thought that midlet Java games had the capabilities
and speed of something like a 1982 8bit Commodore C64 or Sinclair
Spectrum, well that was the impression I got having seen a lot of these
games on various handsets.

I haven't seen the 'Super Real Tennis' game available for any other
handset.

So I'm guessing that the SE k700i has some sort of 3D rendering engine,
sort of like the graphic cards on desktop PCs. Would this be correct ?

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg

More about : k700i java speed

Anonymous
October 11, 2004 12:53:10 AM

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 20:49:30 +0100, michael turner wrote:

> So I'm guessing that the SE k700i has some sort of 3D rendering engine,
> sort of like the graphic cards on desktop PCs.

.....and game consoles of course.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
Anonymous
October 11, 2004 3:11:53 AM

>So I'm guessing that the SE k700i has some sort of 3D rendering engine,
>sort of like the graphic cards on desktop PCs. Would this be correct ?

correct, yes.

From SE:

How does the 3D Games technology work (K700 series)

In Sony Ericsson K700i/K700c Java 3D gaming software, supporting
cutting-edge 3D graphics, is supported. Other features, such as 40
tones polyphonic sound and force feedback, provide a much richer
gaming experience.

The large 1.8" TFT screen adds to a lasting gaming experience.
Downloading graphic intensive games, requiring up to 32 MB user
memory, is also possible. With operator support, there is the
possibility for multi player games against friends.

I'm currently waiting for my new k700i, should be here tomorrow. Can't
wait!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
October 11, 2004 3:36:05 PM

After play some java game then back to camera.. the phone will restart by it
own .... bugs bugs bugsss

"eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
> >So I'm guessing that the SE k700i has some sort of 3D rendering engine,
>>sort of like the graphic cards on desktop PCs. Would this be correct ?
>
> correct, yes.
>

> From SE:
>
> How does the 3D Games technology work (K700 series)
>
> In Sony Ericsson K700i/K700c Java 3D gaming software, supporting
> cutting-edge 3D graphics, is supported. Other features, such as 40
> tones polyphonic sound and force feedback, provide a much richer
> gaming experience.
>
> The large 1.8" TFT screen adds to a lasting gaming experience.
> Downloading graphic intensive games, requiring up to 32 MB user
> memory, is also possible. With operator support, there is the
> possibility for multi player games against friends.
>

> I'm currently waiting for my new k700i, should be here tomorrow. Can't
> wait!

Anonymous
October 12, 2004 6:03:01 AM

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:36:05 +0800, Cason wrote:

> After play some java game then back to camera.. the phone will restart by it
> own

Tried that, phone didn't reboot.

> bugs bugs bugsss

The one I was using seemed quite stable...R2L firmware. Didn't lockup,
crash, reboot or anything. And I tested just about everything on it,
Bluetooth(headset & PC), infrared, radio, camera, MP3, AAC, 3GP and MP4
video, Java, WAP, GPRS, modem, etc.

Oh, and I even made and received some *phone-calls* with it as well ;-)

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
Anonymous
October 13, 2004 1:53:45 AM

"Cason" <cason@dont.mail.me.my> ha scritto nel messaggio
> After play some java game then back to camera.. the phone will restart by
> it own .... bugs bugs bugsss

bugs are in java game.... ^__^
!