P900 - P910

Last response: in Brands
October 12, 2004 6:34:45 AM

Just got P910, ald want to copy contacts (among other things) from my
old P900 to the new P910. Backup/restore doesnt work, P910 wont
recognise P900 backupfile.
I could send them via Bluetooth, bt only got one simcard. How do I
start P900 with no simcard?
Suggestions?
--
Ramp tiltrekkes av rampelyset

More about : p900 p910

Anonymous
October 12, 2004 6:34:46 AM

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 02:34:45 +0200, Hans Petter Nenseth wrote:

> Just got P910, ald want to copy contacts (among other things) from my
> old P900 to the new P910. Backup/restore doesnt work, P910 wont
> recognise P900 backupfile.
> I could send them via Bluetooth, bt only got one simcard. How do I
> start P900 with no simcard?

You can't

> Suggestions?

Beg, steal, or borrow a SIM card .

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
Anonymous
October 12, 2004 11:36:17 AM

Hans Petter Nenseth wrote:
> Just got P910, ald want to copy contacts (among other things) from my
> old P900 to the new P910. Backup/restore doesnt work, P910 wont
> recognise P900 backupfile.
> I could send them via Bluetooth, bt only got one simcard. How do I
> start P900 with no simcard?
> Suggestions?

Beam your contacts from your P900 to your PC, then put the SIM into the
P910 and beam the file from the PC to the P910.

--
Stefan Bellon
October 12, 2004 1:08:07 PM

"Hans Petter Nenseth" <hpnews@scheen.no> wrote in message
> Just got P910, ald want to copy contacts (among other things) from my
> old P900 to the new P910. Backup/restore doesnt work, P910 wont
> recognise P900 backupfile.

try pc sync with outlook or lotus orgnizer.

> I could send them via Bluetooth, bt only got one simcard. How do I
> start P900 with no simcard?
> Suggestions?
> --
> Ramp tiltrekkes av rampelyset
Anonymous
October 12, 2004 7:49:50 PM

"Hans Petter Nenseth" <hpnews@scheen.no> wrote in message
> Just got P910, ald want to copy contacts (among other things) from my
> old P900 to the new P910. Backup/restore doesnt work, P910 wont
> recognise P900 backupfile.
> I could send them via Bluetooth, bt only got one simcard. How do I
> start P900 with no simcard?
> Suggestions?
> --
> Ramp tiltrekkes av rampelyset

Apparently if you rename your old backup files from .ecs to .zip you can
browse them and open them with winzip etc.

Mike Dyer.
Anonymous
October 12, 2004 11:02:50 PM

We can suggest the following solution:

1) Read your phone's data with Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones
( http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ).
2) Current version 2.2.1.10 of Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones
doesn't have official support for 910 model yet. However, it may function.
If it functions, then all is simple: save contacts, read from P900 in
internal Oxygen format, restore them in 910 section and load contacts to
your SonyEricsson P910. Trial version enables to upload only one phonebook
contact per program's session. There is no such limitation in full version
of SonyEricsson P910.

3) In case, if Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones won't function
with SonyEricsson P910, synchronize your phonebook, downloaded from
SonyEricsson P900, with MS Excel, Windows Address Book, MS Outlook or Lotus
Notes ('Export' option in our program) and import data from these formats to
your SonyEricsson P910. You can also export your SonyEricsson P900 contacts
to several .vcf files in convenient interface and then send these virtual
cards by bluetooth to your SonyEricsson P910 with common file transfer
services.

As you can see, even free trial will do the job.

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/

Hello, Hans Petter Nenseth!
You wrote in conference alt.cellular.ericsson on Tue, 12 Oct 2004 02:34:45
+0200 from address hpnews@scheen.no:

>Just got P910, ald want to copy contacts (among other things) from my
>old P900 to the new P910. Backup/restore doesnt work, P910 wont
>recognise P900 backupfile.
>I could send them via Bluetooth, bt only got one simcard. How do I
>start P900 with no simcard?
>Suggestions?
>--
>Ramp tiltrekkes av rampelyset
Anonymous
October 12, 2004 11:02:51 PM

Morgenfrisk pludret Oxygen Software hemningsløst:

>We can suggest the following solution:
>
>1) Read your phone's data with Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones
>( http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ).

I'm not able to connect my P900 to this program (recent version,
havent tried P910). Phone connects fine to PC via BT/IR, both
syncronising with Outlook perfectly. But OPM? No. I gave it up, though
it seems like an OK program.

--
Ramp tiltrekkes av rampelyset
Anonymous
October 13, 2004 8:26:52 PM

Have you loaded OPMAgent70.sis to your phone as described in electronic
documentation for this program? By default, you can find OPM agent in
'X:\Program Files\Oxygen\SymbianOPM\Agent\SonyEricsson\', where 'X:' is the
drive letter, where your operating system is installed. Just beam this file
to SonyEricsson P900 using bluetooth or infrared connection to your phone
and install it in your phone memory. You should start bluetooth or infrared
connection only from and under OPMAgent, while synchronizing your phone's
data with our program.

You should establish connection as follows:

1) Start OPMAgent on your phone
2) Select 'OPMagent' -> 'Start IRDA exchange' or 'Start BT exchange' ,
depending on connection type your are currently using. Unfortunately, we
don't support USB cradle connection for SonyEricsson phones.
3) Run Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones. If you are using
infrared connection, you should mark 'IRDA' option in 'Tools' -> 'Options'
4) If you are using bluetooth connection, in 'Tools' -> 'Options' you should
add only virtual COM port, assigned by bluetooth drivers for 'Bluetooth
serial port' service from 'Local services' category. You can view this COM
port number in 'My computer' -> 'Control panel' -> 'Bluetooth
configuration' -> 'Local services' -> 'Bluetooth serial port' ->
'Properties' - you should set this COM port in our program.

Does this help? Can you establish connection now?

PS: Don't forget to turn Bluetooth or IRDA connection off in SonyEricsson
data suite before running Oxygen Phone Manager II.

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/

Hello, Hans Petter Nenseth!
You wrote in conference alt.cellular.ericsson on Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:12:10
+0200 from address hpnews@scheen.no:

>Morgenfrisk pludret Oxygen Software hemningsløst:

>>We can suggest the following solution:

>>1) Read your phone's data with Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS
>>phones
>>( http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ).

>I'm not able to connect my P900 to this program (recent version,
>havent tried P910). Phone connects fine to PC via BT/IR, both
>syncronising with Outlook perfectly. But OPM? No. I gave it up, though
>it seems like an OK program.

>--
>Ramp tiltrekkes av rampelyset
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 4:59:52 AM

Morgenfrisk pludret Oxygen Software hemningsløst:

>PS: Don't forget to turn Bluetooth or IRDA connection off in SonyEricsson
>data suite before running Oxygen Phone Manager II.

I think this did it. How was I supposed to know this?
Thanks. Probably buy OPM now.
--
Ramp tiltrekkes av rampelyset
Anonymous
November 1, 2004 1:59:48 AM

:
:> Just got P910, ald want to copy contacts (among other things) from my
:> old P900 to the new P910. Backup/restore doesnt work, P910 wont
:> recognise P900 backupfile.
:> I could send them via Bluetooth, bt only got one simcard. How do I
:> start P900 with no simcard?
:
: You can't
:
:> Suggestions?
:
: Beg, steal, or borrow a SIM card .

SMS it to yourself, save it on your sim, load sim into new phone, read
sms message from sim?

--
Mike Horwath/Dude
mike@octanews.net