Closed

How to connect my cell phone to my home network

How do I connect my cell phone to my home network so that I can use the internet on my cell phone
7 answers Last reply
More about connect cell phone home network

1. Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

What is the make and model of the cell-phone? If it's running an Android system, it's easy enough in Settings>Wireless and Networks to add the network, put in the security key (which you presumably know) and it wlil save itself for future use.

2. Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

What is the make and model of the cell-phone? If it's running an Android system, it's easy enough in Settings>Wireless and Networks to add the network, put in the security key (which you presumably know) and it wlil save itself for future use.

I have the new I-phone and am running the Cisco Network Magic Pro at home to control router access. Entered the correct password on the phone but no connection made. I don't know how to make the Cisco software allow the cell phone. Got any suggestions?
  3. Check and see if your wireless router is using an ACL (access control list). You may have to turn off the access control to connect a cell phone to wifi at home. The access control list uses MAC addressing to control devices that connect to the router and INET.
  4. Fred skates said:
    How do I connect my cell phone to my home network so that I can use the internet on my cell phone

I just got the Nokia "Windows" phone. Internet connection was found under "settings">Wi-Fi. I entered the security key and wa-la, connection!

5. Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

6. HTC inspire IMEI, SV, ETC
  7. oldtimer1001 said:
    HTC inspire IMEI, SV, ETC

Have you sorted your problem oldtimer1001? The HTC should behave in the way I described in my earlier post but if you still have difficulties, please start a new tread. This old one is being closed now.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cell Phones Connection How To Wireless Networking