Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How to connect my cell phone to my home network

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 18, 2012 6:33:44 AM

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

What is the make and model of the cell-phone? If it's running an Android system, it's easy enough in Settings>Wireless and Networks to add the network, put in the security key (which you presumably know) and it wlil save itself for future use.

Score
September 29, 2012 7:24:51 PM

Saga Lout said:

What is the make and model of the cell-phone? If it's running an Android system, it's easy enough in Settings>Wireless and Networks to add the network, put in the security key (which you presumably know) and it wlil save itself for future use.

I have the new I-phone and am running the Cisco Network Magic Pro at home to control router access. Entered the correct password on the phone but no connection made. I don't know how to make the Cisco software allow the cell phone. Got any suggestions?
Score
Related resources
November 24, 2012 4:20:57 PM

Check and see if your wireless router is using an ACL (access control list). You may have to turn off the access control to connect a cell phone to wifi at home. The access control list uses MAC addressing to control devices that connect to the router and INET.
Score
February 19, 2013 1:47:33 AM

Fred skates said:
How do I connect my cell phone to my home network so that I can use the internet on my cell phone

I just got the Nokia "Windows" phone. Internet connection was found under "settings">Wi-Fi. I entered the security key and wa-la, connection!
Score
March 18, 2013 12:19:30 PM

Saga Lout said:

Score
March 18, 2013 12:22:34 PM

HTC inspire IMEI, SV, ETC
Score
March 23, 2013 1:06:57 AM

oldtimer1001 said:
HTC inspire IMEI, SV, ETC

Have you sorted your problem oldtimer1001? The HTC should behave in the way I described in my earlier post but if you still have difficulties, please start a new tread. This old one is being closed now.
Score
!