Just got my new se k700i - very impressed!

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

My new SE K700i arrived this morning from o2 online. Very nice phone,
small, lightweight and a nice keypad. Connected to bluetooth on my pc
with no probs, tried the SE File Manager software and works without
any problems. Also works fine with my Nokia HDW-3 bt headset. Nice top
notch screen quality and size. fast menu system (which was a problem
on older se's) which is easy to get the hang of.

Also tested the fm radio and mp3 player using both the loudspeaker and
supplied stereo headset, good quality with some nice bass which can be
adjusted in the eq.

Its got firmware R2A which i know isn't the latest but i'll see how it
goes.

All in all the K700i is a top phone imho! The o2 customization is
nice, not too over the top! and its unlocked to all networks!
8 answers Last reply
More about just k700i impressed
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:55:10 +0100, eggster2k
    <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:

    >My new SE K700i arrived this morning from o2 online. Very nice phone,
    >small, lightweight and a nice keypad. Connected to bluetooth on my pc
    >with no probs, tried the SE File Manager software and works without
    >any problems. Also works fine with my Nokia HDW-3 bt headset. Nice top
    >notch screen quality and size. fast menu system (which was a problem
    >on older se's) which is easy to get the hang of.
    >
    >Also tested the fm radio and mp3 player using both the loudspeaker and
    >supplied stereo headset, good quality with some nice bass which can be
    >adjusted in the eq.
    >
    >Its got firmware R2A which i know isn't the latest but i'll see how it
    >goes.
    >
    >All in all the K700i is a top phone imho! The o2 customization is
    >nice, not too over the top! and its unlocked to all networks!

    is there any option to make the txt size bigger like on the MyX-7
    --

    E-Mail Addy arjftebhc@jryfutbi.pb.hx <---Rot13 it
    watch out for spam trap in header

    http://www.keratoconus-group.org.uk/

    Want your say about the Gov,Forum at
    www.walesgov.co.uk
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:55:10 +0100, eggster2k wrote:

    > My new SE K700i arrived this morning from o2 online. Very nice phone,
    > small, lightweight and a nice keypad. Connected to bluetooth on my pc
    > with no probs, tried the SE File Manager software and works without
    > any problems.

    I didn't install the supplied software. I just transferred content using
    the 'My Bluetooth Places' in Windows.

    > Also works fine with my Nokia HDW-3 bt headset.

    Also works fine with a SE HBH-200.

    > Nice top
    > notch screen quality and size. fast menu system (which was a problem
    > on older se's) which is easy to get the hang of.
    >
    > Also tested the fm radio and mp3 player using both the loudspeaker and
    > supplied stereo headset, good quality with some nice bass which can be
    > adjusted in the eq.

    IMO the supplied earbuds actually sound quite good. Unlike most bundled
    tinny earbuds which come with MP3 players, walkmans, wtc.

    > Its got firmware R2A which i know isn't the latest but i'll see how it
    > goes.

    Could be old stock, the later R2L firmware has been out for a while now.

    > All in all the K700i is a top phone imho! The o2 customization is
    > nice, not too over the top! and its unlocked to all networks!

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:53:44 +0100, michael turner
    <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote:

    >On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:55:10 +0100, eggster2k wrote:
    >
    >> My new SE K700i arrived this morning from o2 online. Very nice phone,
    >> small, lightweight and a nice keypad. Connected to bluetooth on my pc
    >> with no probs, tried the SE File Manager software and works without
    >> any problems.
    >
    >I didn't install the supplied software. I just transferred content using
    >the 'My Bluetooth Places' in Windows.

    nice, i'll have to try that.

    >> Its got firmware R2A which i know isn't the latest but i'll see how it
    >> goes.
    >
    >Could be old stock, the later R2L firmware has been out for a while now.

    it was made 04W36, about 6 week old.

    also just noticed that when i get a text when the phone is in power
    save (keypad and display go fully off after a few minutes) it displays
    that i have a new text and keeps the keypad lights and display on
    indefinately. In clock screen saver however, this isn't a problem. Can
    you or anybody else using the latest firmware confirm whether its a
    bug i've got or if this is supposed to happen?
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:53:44 +0100, michael turner
    > <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote:
    >
    > >On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:55:10 +0100, eggster2k wrote:

    <snip>
    > also just noticed that when i get a text when the phone is in power
    > save (keypad and display go fully off after a few minutes) it displays
    > that i have a new text and keeps the keypad lights and display on
    > indefinately. In clock screen saver however, this isn't a problem. Can
    > you or anybody else using the latest firmware confirm whether its a
    > bug i've got or if this is supposed to happen?

    It's supposed to happen, I've found that I get better battery life if I
    ignore the "power save" display setting and just leave it set to "automatic"
    --
    Cheers, Steve.
    Change from jealous to sad to reply.

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:21:49 GMT, "Steve Dulieu"
    <steve.dulieu@greenyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >"eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:53:44 +0100, michael turner
    >> <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote:
    >>
    >> >On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:55:10 +0100, eggster2k wrote:
    >> >
    ><snip>
    >> also just noticed that when i get a text when the phone is in power
    >> save (keypad and display go fully off after a few minutes) it displays
    >> that i have a new text and keeps the keypad lights and display on
    >> indefinately. In clock screen saver however, this isn't a problem. Can
    >> you or anybody else using the latest firmware confirm whether its a
    >> bug i've got or if this is supposed to happen?
    >>
    >It's supposed to happen, I've found that I get better battery life if I
    >ignore the "power save" display setting and just leave it set to "automatic"

    what firmware are using?
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    > On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:21:49 GMT, "Steve Dulieu"
    > <steve.dulieu@greenyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >

    > >"eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message

    > ><snip>
    > >> also just noticed that when i get a text when the phone is in power
    > >> save (keypad and display go fully off after a few minutes) it displays
    > >> that i have a new text and keeps the keypad lights and display on
    > >> indefinately. In clock screen saver however, this isn't a problem. Can
    > >> you or anybody else using the latest firmware confirm whether its a
    > >> bug i've got or if this is supposed to happen?
    > >>
    > >It's supposed to happen, I've found that I get better battery life if I
    > >ignore the "power save" display setting and just leave it set to
    "automatic"

    > what firmware are using?

    One of the R2A variants, I've not bothered upgrading it so far because (a)
    I've not got any insurmountable problems with the version on the phone and
    (b) I use Bluetooth to my T3 and my laptop quite a bit and I've heard that
    R2L has problems with BT data...
    --
    Cheers, Steve.
    Change from jealous to sad to reply.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    >> what firmware are using?
    >
    >One of the R2A variants, I've not bothered upgrading it so far because (a)
    >I've not got any insurmountable problems with the version on the phone and
    >(b) I use Bluetooth to my T3 and my laptop quite a bit and I've heard that
    >R2L has problems with BT data...

    my k700 has firmware R2A041. Don't you have the battery life problem?
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    > >> what firmware are using?
    > >
    > >One of the R2A variants, I've not bothered upgrading it so far because
    (a)
    > >I've not got any insurmountable problems with the version on the phone
    and
    > >(b) I use Bluetooth to my T3 and my laptop quite a bit and I've heard
    that
    > >R2L has problems with BT data...
    >

    > my k700 has firmware R2A041. Don't you have the battery life problem?

    Not really, I just ignore the battery meter and charge the phone every four
    days or so...
    --
    Cheers, Steve.
    Change from jealous to sad to reply.