qu: configuring t-68 as GPRS modem

Hi,

want to configure ericsson t68 as GPRS modem for my laptop. I just bought a
USB cable that connects my t68 to my laptop and will supposedly allow
internet connectivity thru cell phone.
I have already installed the drivers for the USB cable that I bought and
windows does recognize it.

my questions is, what additional software do I need to install to use cell
ph as GRPS modem? also what additional hardware should be installed thru
the control panel/add new hardware? also, what specific setting need to be
set in windows xp once the cell phone modem has been installed?

I am having a very difficult time with this and can't seem to find the info
I need on the sony ericsson web site. any comments are much appreciated. I
currently use t-mobile as a service provider.

thanks

Blyth
1 answer Last reply
More about configuring gprs modem

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <3NVad.691612$Gx4.536236@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net> on Tue, 12 Oct
    2004 18:55:59 GMT, "BA" <blyth_austin@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

    >want to configure ericsson t68 as GPRS modem for my laptop. I just bought a
    >USB cable that connects my t68 to my laptop and will supposedly allow
    >internet connectivity thru cell phone.
    > I have already installed the drivers for the USB cable that I bought and
    >windows does recognize it.
    >
    >my questions is, what additional software do I need to install to use cell
    >ph as GRPS modem?

    None -- all you need is Windows DUN (Dial-Up Networking) -- although it's
    better to install the proper modem driver for the T68i (downloadable from Sony
    Ericsson) rather than use a generic modem driver.

    >also what additional hardware should be installed thru
    >the control panel/add new hardware?

    You need to install the phone's modem through Control Panel -> Phone and Modem
    Options (not Add New Hardware) using the COM port for the USB cable.

    >also, what specific setting need to be
    >set in windows xp once the cell phone modem has been installed?

    Dial the GPRS phone number (*99#) with the correct userid and password (from
    <http://alliance.cingularinteractive.com/dev/cda/download/download_file/1,2444,2203,00.html>).

    >I am having a very difficult time with this and can't seem to find the info
    >I need on the sony ericsson web site. any comments are much appreciated. I
    >currently use t-mobile as a service provider.

    See my webpages below.

Ericsson Modem