qu: configuring t-68 as GPRS modem

Last response: in Brands
October 12, 2004 10:55:59 PM

Hi,

want to configure ericsson t68 as GPRS modem for my laptop. I just bought a
USB cable that connects my t68 to my laptop and will supposedly allow
internet connectivity thru cell phone.
I have already installed the drivers for the USB cable that I bought and
windows does recognize it.

my questions is, what additional software do I need to install to use cell
ph as GRPS modem? also what additional hardware should be installed thru
the control panel/add new hardware? also, what specific setting need to be
set in windows xp once the cell phone modem has been installed?

I am having a very difficult time with this and can't seem to find the info
I need on the sony ericsson web site. any comments are much appreciated. I
currently use t-mobile as a service provider.

thanks

Blyth

More about : configuring gprs modem

Anonymous
October 13, 2004 1:57:17 AM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <3NVad.691612$Gx4.536236@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net> on Tue, 12 Oct
2004 18:55:59 GMT, "BA" <blyth_austin@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>want to configure ericsson t68 as GPRS modem for my laptop. I just bought a
>USB cable that connects my t68 to my laptop and will supposedly allow
>internet connectivity thru cell phone.
> I have already installed the drivers for the USB cable that I bought and
>windows does recognize it.
>
>my questions is, what additional software do I need to install to use cell
>ph as GRPS modem?

None -- all you need is Windows DUN (Dial-Up Networking) -- although it's
better to install the proper modem driver for the T68i (downloadable from Sony
Ericsson) rather than use a generic modem driver.

>also what additional hardware should be installed thru
>the control panel/add new hardware?

You need to install the phone's modem through Control Panel -> Phone and Modem
Options (not Add New Hardware) using the COM port for the USB cable.

>also, what specific setting need to be
>set in windows xp once the cell phone modem has been installed?

Dial the GPRS phone number (*99#) with the correct userid and password (from
<http://alliance.cingularinteractive.com/dev/cda/downloa...;).

>I am having a very difficult time with this and can't seem to find the info
>I need on the sony ericsson web site. any comments are much appreciated. I
>currently use t-mobile as a service provider.

See my webpages below.