k700i firmware

Does anyone know what the latest firmware is for this phone?
14 answers Last reply
More about k700i firmware

    On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:47:10 +0000 (UTC), "dd" <dd@ghost.com> wrote:

    >Does anyone know what the latest firmware is for this phone?

    i've just got a k700i, and from what i've found on various forums, the
    latest is R2L001. This maybe different on voda badged, i'm not 100%
    certain though.

    On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:47:10 +0000 (UTC), "dd" <dd@ghost.com> wrote:

    >Does anyone know what the latest firmware is for this phone?

    Had mine firmware done last week and got R2L001
    -----
    sms text addict? www.smstextaddict.co.uk
    been_bluejacked? www.bluejackaddict.co.uk
    -----

    In message <ckllfe$ofa$1@titan.btinternet.com>, dd <dd@ghost.com> writes
    >Does anyone know what the latest firmware is for this phone?

    R2AA03.
    --
    Pete Devlin
    Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.

    In message <fhB4NiAMfrbBFw3K@sukmabobby.com>, pete devlin
    <spamtrap@secondrow.co.uk> writes
    >In message <ckllfe$ofa$1@titan.btinternet.com>, dd <dd@ghost.com> writes
    >>Does anyone know what the latest firmware is for this phone?
    >>

    >R2AA03.

    Correction R2AA003
    --
    Pete Devlin
    Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
    Kaiser Wilhelm

    Correct... Just upgraded mine... :)

    --
    Marin Frankovic, MCT

    "pete devlin" <spamtrap@secondrow.co.uk> wrote in message
    > In message <fhB4NiAMfrbBFw3K@sukmabobby.com>, pete devlin
    > <spamtrap@secondrow.co.uk> writes
    >>In message <ckllfe$ofa$1@titan.btinternet.com>, dd <dd@ghost.com> writes
    >>>Does anyone know what the latest firmware is for this phone?
    >>>

    >>R2AA03.
    >
    > Correction R2AA003
    > --
    > Pete Devlin
    > [{//////news03//////at\\\\\secondrow/////co\\\\\uk}]
    > Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
    > Kaiser Wilhelm

    What has changed since R2L??

    In message <9JRbd.39$mm6.34@amstwist00>, Harryville
    <Harryville@?nospam_hotmail.ciom> writes
    >What has changed since R2L??

    Not having had R2L I really don't know.
    --
    Pete Devlin
    Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
    Kaiser Wilhelm

    "pete devlin" <spamtrap@secondrow.co.uk> wrote in message
    > In message <fhB4NiAMfrbBFw3K@sukmabobby.com>, pete devlin
    > <spamtrap@secondrow.co.uk> writes
    > >In message <ckllfe$ofa$1@titan.btinternet.com>, dd <dd@ghost.com> writes
    > >>Does anyone know what the latest firmware is for this phone?
    > >>

    > >R2AA03.
    >
    > Correction R2AA003
    > --
    > Pete Devlin
    > [{//////news03//////at\\\\\secondrow/////co\\\\\uk}]
    > Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
    > Kaiser Wilhelm

    Wow, haven't herd of this new firmware update, I thought R2L was the latest
    and at first I thought you were talking about R2A041. But don't se usually
    go up in alphabetical order? like R2A, R2E, R2J, R2L.....

    Is it one for a network branded phone or is it on sim-free?

    Thanks for that

    Just tried that tool thing and the thing wont bloody let me do it with my
    phone :(
    Got it from O2 Online and it says its not authorised and allowed by my
    operator!!! what kinda rubbish is that!

    "dd" <dd@ghost.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know what the latest firmware is for this phone?

  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    In message <ckpfl0$3l8$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk>, Kolicha
    <post@newsgroup.com> writes
    >Wow, haven't herd of this new firmware update, I thought R2L was the
    >latest and at first I thought you were talking about R2A041. But don't
    >se usually go up in alphabetical order? like R2A, R2E, R2J, R2L.....
    >
    >Is it one for a network branded phone or is it on sim-free?

    It's sim free in that it's a non operator specific upgrade. Whether or
    not your network operator will allow you to upgrade is another matter.
    Of course there are ways around this now! R2M was the last
    "alphabetical" release AFAIK, which was basically a renamed R2L. I don't
    think the SE update service has caught up yet, but service centres and
    independent online sources are using R2AA.
    --
    Pete Devlin
    Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
    Kaiser Wilhelm
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:40:14 +0000, William Morrow wrote:

    > Just tried that tool thing and the thing wont bloody let me do it with my
    > phone :(
    > Got it from O2 Online and it says its not authorised and allowed by my
    > operator!!! what kinda rubbish is that!

    Branded k700i phones are not supported.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    "michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:40:14 +0000, William Morrow wrote:
    >
    > > Just tried that tool thing and the thing wont bloody let me do it with
    my
    > > phone :(
    > > Got it from O2 Online and it says its not authorised and allowed by my
    > > operator!!! what kinda rubbish is that!
    >
    > Branded k700i phones are not supported.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Turner
    > Email (ROT13)
    > zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg

    Some are like Orange and T-mobile. AFAIK in the UK only O2 and Vodafone
    aren't. Also I've been told it's not SE's fault but the operators so you
    can't blame SE for this.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    "michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in message
    > Branded k700i phones are not supported.

    It did my Orange phone!!!!

    There's a list of which it will and won't on esato forum. Orange is one it
    will, O2 is one it wont.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    "tHatDudeUK" <randomcharsforspammers@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:<2tckhsF1tfpr2U1@uni-berlin.de>...
    > "michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in message
    > > Branded k700i phones are not supported.
    >
    > It did my Orange phone!!!!
    >
    > There's a list of which it will and won't on esato forum. Orange is one it
    > will, O2 is one it wont.

    This is complete horseshit

    I've got an unbranded phone directly from SE and can't get the site
    update

    Had R2A, just gone to CPW and got R2L and:

    Get asked for the phone lock code at each power on
    Lost the ability to search for phone book names on more than one char
    (Nokia have done this for years)
    Bluetooth not fixed - the problem is that the phone does not release
    the headset after the call commpletes - this works on the T68, t68i,
    t610 and t630
    IR hardly works - WTF

    Will have the phone upgraded in Lund in a few weeks, but what a pain

    DPat

Ericsson Phones Firmware