  • Firmware
Last response: in Brands
Share
October 14, 2004 2:47:10 PM

Does anyone know what the latest firmware is for this phone?

More about : k700i firmware

Anonymous
October 14, 2004 5:20:57 PM

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:47:10 +0000 (UTC), "dd" <dd@ghost.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know what the latest firmware is for this phone?

i've just got a k700i, and from what i've found on various forums, the
latest is R2L001. This maybe different on voda badged, i'm not 100%
certain though.
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 8:17:21 PM

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:47:10 +0000 (UTC), "dd" <dd@ghost.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know what the latest firmware is for this phone?

Had mine firmware done last week and got R2L001
-----
sms text addict? www.smstextaddict.co.uk
been_bluejacked? www.bluejackaddict.co.uk
-----
October 14, 2004 10:30:52 PM

In message <ckllfe$ofa$1@titan.btinternet.com>, dd <dd@ghost.com> writes
>Does anyone know what the latest firmware is for this phone?

R2AA03.
--
Pete Devlin
Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.

In message <fhB4NiAMfrbBFw3K@sukmabobby.com>, pete devlin
<spamtrap@secondrow.co.uk> writes
>In message <ckllfe$ofa$1@titan.btinternet.com>, dd <dd@ghost.com> writes
>>Does anyone know what the latest firmware is for this phone?
>>

>R2AA03.

Correction R2AA003
--
Pete Devlin
Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
Kaiser Wilhelm
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 6:38:40 PM

Correct... Just upgraded mine... :)

--
Marin Frankovic, MCT

"pete devlin" <spamtrap@secondrow.co.uk> wrote in message
> In message <fhB4NiAMfrbBFw3K@sukmabobby.com>, pete devlin
> <spamtrap@secondrow.co.uk> writes
>>In message <ckllfe$ofa$1@titan.btinternet.com>, dd <dd@ghost.com> writes
>>>Does anyone know what the latest firmware is for this phone?
>>>

>>R2AA03.
>
> Correction R2AA003
> --
> Pete Devlin
> [{//////news03//////at\\\\\secondrow/////co\\\\\uk}]
> Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
> Kaiser Wilhelm
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 9:07:47 PM

What has changed since R2L??

"Marin Frankovic" <marin@frankovic.net> wrote in message
> Correct... Just upgraded mine... :)
>
> --
> Marin Frankovic, MCT
>

> "pete devlin" <spamtrap@secondrow.co.uk> wrote in message
>> In message <fhB4NiAMfrbBFw3K@sukmabobby.com>, pete devlin
>> <spamtrap@secondrow.co.uk> writes
>>>In message <ckllfe$ofa$1@titan.btinternet.com>, dd <dd@ghost.com> writes
>>>>

>>>R2AA03.
>>
>> Correction R2AA003
>> --
>> Pete Devlin
>> [{//////news03//////at\\\\\secondrow/////co\\\\\uk}]
>> Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
>> Kaiser Wilhelm

Anonymous
October 16, 2004 1:40:47 AM

In message <9JRbd.39$mm6.34@amstwist00>, Harryville
<Harryville@?nospam_hotmail.ciom> writes
>What has changed since R2L??

Not having had R2L I really don't know.
--
Pete Devlin
Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
Kaiser Wilhelm
Anonymous
October 16, 2004 2:32:15 AM

"pete devlin" <spamtrap@secondrow.co.uk> wrote in message
> In message <fhB4NiAMfrbBFw3K@sukmabobby.com>, pete devlin
> <spamtrap@secondrow.co.uk> writes
> >In message <ckllfe$ofa$1@titan.btinternet.com>, dd <dd@ghost.com> writes
> >>Does anyone know what the latest firmware is for this phone?
> >>

> >R2AA03.
>
> Correction R2AA003
> --
> Pete Devlin
> [{//////news03//////at\\\\\secondrow/////co\\\\\uk}]
> Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
> Kaiser Wilhelm

Wow, haven't herd of this new firmware update, I thought R2L was the latest
and at first I thought you were talking about R2A041. But don't se usually
go up in alphabetical order? like R2A, R2E, R2J, R2L.....

Is it one for a network branded phone or is it on sim-free?

Thanks for that
Anonymous
October 16, 2004 2:40:14 AM

Just tried that tool thing and the thing wont bloody let me do it with my
phone :(
Got it from O2 Online and it says its not authorised and allowed by my
operator!!! what kinda rubbish is that!

"dd" <dd@ghost.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know what the latest firmware is for this phone?

Anonymous
October 16, 2004 2:43:41 AM

In message <ckpfl0$3l8$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk>, Kolicha
<post@newsgroup.com> writes
>Wow, haven't herd of this new firmware update, I thought R2L was the
>latest and at first I thought you were talking about R2A041. But don't
>se usually go up in alphabetical order? like R2A, R2E, R2J, R2L.....
>
>Is it one for a network branded phone or is it on sim-free?

It's sim free in that it's a non operator specific upgrade. Whether or
not your network operator will allow you to upgrade is another matter.
Of course there are ways around this now! R2M was the last
"alphabetical" release AFAIK, which was basically a renamed R2L. I don't
think the SE update service has caught up yet, but service centres and
independent online sources are using R2AA.
--
Pete Devlin
Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
Kaiser Wilhelm
Anonymous
October 16, 2004 3:48:04 AM

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:40:14 +0000, William Morrow wrote:

> Just tried that tool thing and the thing wont bloody let me do it with my
> phone :(
> Got it from O2 Online and it says its not authorised and allowed by my
> operator!!! what kinda rubbish is that!

Branded k700i phones are not supported.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
Anonymous
October 16, 2004 3:54:06 AM

"michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.10.15.22.48.03.177000@grfpb.arg...
> On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:40:14 +0000, William Morrow wrote:
>
> > Just tried that tool thing and the thing wont bloody let me do it with
my
> > phone :(
> > Got it from O2 Online and it says its not authorised and allowed by my
> > operator!!! what kinda rubbish is that!
>
> Branded k700i phones are not supported.
>
> --
> Michael Turner
> Email (ROT13)
> zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg

Some are like Orange and T-mobile. AFAIK in the UK only O2 and Vodafone
aren't. Also I've been told it's not SE's fault but the operators so you
can't blame SE for this.
Anonymous
October 16, 2004 6:04:24 PM

"michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.10.15.22.48.03.177000@grfpb.arg...
> Branded k700i phones are not supported.

It did my Orange phone!!!!

There's a list of which it will and won't on esato forum. Orange is one it
will, O2 is one it wont.
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 2:12:20 PM

"tHatDudeUK" <randomcharsforspammers@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:<2tckhsF1tfpr2U1@uni-berlin.de>...
> "michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in message
> news:p an.2004.10.15.22.48.03.177000@grfpb.arg...
> > Branded k700i phones are not supported.
>
> It did my Orange phone!!!!
>
> There's a list of which it will and won't on esato forum. Orange is one it
> will, O2 is one it wont.

This is complete horseshit

I've got an unbranded phone directly from SE and can't get the site
update

Had R2A, just gone to CPW and got R2L and:

Get asked for the phone lock code at each power on
Lost the ability to search for phone book names on more than one char
(Nokia have done this for years)
Bluetooth not fixed - the problem is that the phone does not release
the headset after the call commpletes - this works on the T68, t68i,
t610 and t630
IR hardly works - WTF

Will have the phone upgraded in Lund in a few weeks, but what a pain

DPat
!