Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Dlink dir-600 router problem

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 19, 2012 4:19:19 PM

Hi,

I have a small problem with my newly bought dlink dir-600. I can't seem to access to access the router setup page which is 192.168.0.1 by default when my modem is connected on it. I can only access the router when i remove the connection of the modem. I'm not sure but i checked my modem and it's default ip network is 192.168.1.XX on the other hand my dlink router's network is 192.168.0.XX. I'm not sure if it's the problem or if there's something wrong with my configuration.

Appreciate everyone's answer. Thank you very much. :) 
May 20, 2012 12:18:34 AM

I don't quite understand your description. So you have a modem (dsl or cable) with a router connected and both have DHCP servers, one with a .1.xx network and one with a .0.xx network?

If that is the case, you do have a problem -- you need to unify your network and choose one device to run the DHCP server with one network. You can either turn off the DHCP in the modem (which must also have a router capability by your description) or the downline router.

Please clarify.
m
l
May 20, 2012 7:26:53 AM

Realbeast, thanks for your reply. Sorry if it's not clear. Before i had my router. I'm connecting the modem (4G Wimax) directly into my laptop using an ethernet cable. I'm always getting an IP of 192.168.1.xx and default gateway which is 192.168.1.1 (which is the modem's setup page also. Then i bought my DLink router, by default it's network IP is 192.168.0.xx it's gateway is 192.168.0.1

I was able to configure it properly (i guess) since i can connect to the internet through wifi. My problem now though is that when i'm connected to the internet or the modem is connected into the router, I can't access the router's setup page anymore.

Im not sure if it's because of the modem and the router having a different IP network or i'm missing something with the router's configuration.

Thank you for your reply.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !

Best solution

May 20, 2012 2:55:43 PM

In the WiFax router you should turn off the DHCP service and connect its output to the WAN input on the router, which will provide DHCP service. Take a look at your WiMax manual on how to configure (turn off DHCP) by going into the configuration pages. If you don't have a manual, they are all online somewhere. Now the WiMax device will simply be a modem and the router will do everything else.
May 27, 2012 6:00:13 AM

Best answer selected by mbcebrian.
m
l
December 24, 2012 7:18:11 AM

mbcebrian said:
Realbeast, thanks for your reply. Sorry if it's not clear. Before i had my router. I'm connecting the modem (4G Wimax) directly into my laptop using an ethernet cable. I'm always getting an IP of 192.168.1.xx and default gateway which is 192.168.1.1 (which is the modem's setup page also. Then i bought my DLink router, by default it's network IP is 192.168.0.xx it's gateway is 192.168.0.1

I was able to configure it properly (i guess) since i can connect to the internet through wifi. My problem now though is that when i'm connected to the internet or the modem is connected into the router, I can't access the router's setup page anymore.

Im not sure if it's because of the modem and the router having a different IP network or i'm missing something with the router's configuration.

Thank you for your reply.

internet cable put directly into the modem not in router - after that your lan system is geting 192.168.1.1 g/w,

and wi-fi clients got the 192.168.0.1

and your problem has been resolved

Mohit KUmar
m
l
November 1, 2013 10:37:37 AM

mbcebrian said:
Hi,

I have a small problem with my newly bought dlink dir-600. I can't seem to access to access the router setup page which is 192.168.0.1 by default when my modem is connected on it. I can only access the router when i remove the connection of the modem. I'm not sure but i checked my modem and it's default ip network is 192.168.1.XX on the other hand my dlink router's network is 192.168.0.XX. I'm not sure if it's the problem or if there's something wrong with my configuration.

Appreciate everyone's answer. Thank you very much. :) 

m
l
!