Convert 220v to 110v NAD 5000 CD player

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
April 27, 2005 7:59:19 AM

I got my hands on a NAD 5000 CD player. Unfortunately it is set for
220v. I found a jumper setting next to the power supply for 110v when
I opened the cover.
Besides setting the jumper what else should I do e.g. change fuses?
Thanks.
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
April 27, 2005 10:08:27 AM

"Prince" wrote ...
>I got my hands on a NAD 5000 CD player. Unfortunately it is set for
> 220v. I found a jumper setting next to the power supply for 110v when
> I opened the cover.
> Besides setting the jumper what else should I do e.g. change fuses?

If it has a replacable fuse, then yes it should be changed.
The fuse needs to handle twice the current if you are
cutting the voltage in half (110/220).
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
April 27, 2005 9:24:26 PM

"Prince" <Insha_khan@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
>I got my hands on a NAD 5000 CD player. Unfortunately it is set for
> 220v. I found a jumper setting next to the power supply for 110v when
> I opened the cover.
> Besides setting the jumper what else should I do e.g. change fuses?
> Thanks.

Yes, double the 220v fuse's current rating

geoff

Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
April 13, 2009 8:51:36 PM