can I upgrade 700i myself?

Last response: in Brands
October 17, 2004 3:47:30 PM

My K700i has problems with the Bluetooth dial up modem , which apparently is
a known issue and can be resolved by a software upgrade. Can I download the
update and do it myself? I live about 4 hours drive from the nearest support
centre

More about : upgrade 700i

Anonymous
October 17, 2004 3:47:31 PM

"-keevill-" <keevill@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My K700i has problems with the Bluetooth dial up modem , which apparently
> is
> a known issue and can be resolved by a software upgrade. Can I download
> the
> update and do it myself? I live about 4 hours drive from the nearest
> support
> centre

Yes, you can do it yourself (as long as your network operator has not placed
any restrictions on this). All you need is a suitable docking station as
outlined on Sony Ericsson's update service. See here for further details.
http://www.sonyericsson.com/updateservice/K700/frameset...

Best wishes

Ted
Anonymous
October 17, 2004 8:05:57 PM

> Yes, you can do it yourself (as long as your network operator has not
> placed any restrictions on this). All you need is a suitable docking
> station as outlined on Sony Ericsson's update service. See here for
> further details.
> http://www.sonyericsson.com/updateservice/K700/frameset...
>
> Best wishes
>
> Ted

The docking station outlined is called a 'desk stand' which presumably is
NOT a data cable ??
-keevill-
October 17, 2004 8:05:58 PM

-keevill- wrote:
>>Yes, you can do it yourself (as long as your network operator has not
>>placed any restrictions on this). All you need is a suitable docking
>>station as outlined on Sony Ericsson's update service. See here for
>>further details.
>>http://www.sonyericsson.com/updateservice/K700/frameset...
>>
>>Best wishes
>>
>>Ted
>

> The docking station outlined is called a 'desk stand' which presumably is
> NOT a data cable ??
> -keevill-

The DSS-20 and DSS-25 desk stands, which can be used for updating K700i
firmware, also function as data cables.
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 12:30:24 AM

> The DSS-20 and DSS-25 desk stands, which can be used for updating
> K700i firmware, also function as data cables.

But...the question is...
does the data cable function as a workable desk stand ? for upgrade
purposes??
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 12:30:25 AM

-keevill- wrote:

> But...the question is...
> does the data cable function as a workable desk stand ? for upgrade
> purposes??

Nope, only the two desk stands mentioned can be used for updating the
firmware (via the official SE site).

Mexx
!