can I upgrade 700i myself?

My K700i has problems with the Bluetooth dial up modem , which apparently is
a known issue and can be resolved by a software upgrade. Can I download the
update and do it myself? I live about 4 hours drive from the nearest support
centre
5 answers Last reply
More about upgrade 700i myself

    "-keevill-" <keevill@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > My K700i has problems with the Bluetooth dial up modem , which apparently
    > is
    > a known issue and can be resolved by a software upgrade. Can I download
    > the
    > update and do it myself? I live about 4 hours drive from the nearest
    > support
    > centre

    Yes, you can do it yourself (as long as your network operator has not placed
    any restrictions on this). All you need is a suitable docking station as
    outlined on Sony Ericsson's update service. See here for further details.
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/updateservice/K700/frameset.htm

    Best wishes

    Ted

    > Yes, you can do it yourself (as long as your network operator has not
    > placed any restrictions on this). All you need is a suitable docking
    > station as outlined on Sony Ericsson's update service. See here for
    > further details.
    > http://www.sonyericsson.com/updateservice/K700/frameset.htm
    >
    > Best wishes
    >
    > Ted

    The docking station outlined is called a 'desk stand' which presumably is
    NOT a data cable ??
    -keevill-

    -keevill- wrote:
    >>Yes, you can do it yourself (as long as your network operator has not
    >>placed any restrictions on this). All you need is a suitable docking
    >>station as outlined on Sony Ericsson's update service. See here for
    >>further details.
    >>http://www.sonyericsson.com/updateservice/K700/frameset.htm
    >>
    >>Best wishes
    >>
    >>Ted
    >

    > The docking station outlined is called a 'desk stand' which presumably is
    > NOT a data cable ??
    > -keevill-

    The DSS-20 and DSS-25 desk stands, which can be used for updating K700i
    firmware, also function as data cables.

    > The DSS-20 and DSS-25 desk stands, which can be used for updating
    > K700i firmware, also function as data cables.

    But...the question is...
    does the data cable function as a workable desk stand ? for upgrade
    purposes??

    -keevill- wrote:

    > But...the question is...
    > does the data cable function as a workable desk stand ? for upgrade
    > purposes??

    Nope, only the two desk stands mentioned can be used for updating the
    firmware (via the official SE site).

    Mexx

Ericsson Dial Up Connection