simple soundcard question

G

What's the differents between the Soundblaster Live 1024
and the Sounblaster Live Value ?

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
in simple terms, software bundle...

both are rather anitquated at this point though...couldnt let ya go without saying, there's far better for the same price available if your looking at buying those. Herc Fortissmo II is in that price range.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

G

Thanks William. In fact the question has to do within another issue. I'm quite a race sim enthousiastic especial where it concerns GrandPrix 3 and lately also Gp3 2000 (update of) Gp3 2000 has better sounds (and more) with EAX support.

The reason I asked here is that a friend of mine is able to get the EAX 3d sound working with the SB Live Value.
I'm using the 1024 Live and strange things are happening.

When driving I've got the EAX 3d sounds, so it seems ok. But whenever I lift the throttle and/or use the brakes the sound volume is decreasing dramaticly, when I step on the throttle again it's ok, untill....;)

So there seems to be some conflict.

The Readme says:

-- Creative Labs SBLive -- (All HW Versions)
If you have older drivers (eg EMU10K1.VXD is version 4.05.1026 or earlier) you will not be able to use EAX or multi-speaker surround in the game. Updating to the latest drivers will enable EAX and multi-speaker 3D in the game's audio menu.

I did try to update the new drivers but get the message that I did not have the right Playcenter installed or not the right language. Well that's both nonsens because I have, while the language is multilanguaal :)

So I hope my question (and answer) is still simple.

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
no, its actually incredibly complex=)

But a simple solution might be to uninstall your current drivers before installing the new ones. Worth giving a whirl.

Love racing games too, EA Sports F1 2001 current favorite.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
LOL, that was one reason Creative went to such great expense to bankrupt Aureal and buy the drivers/kill them. A3D 2.0 is still better than anything Creative has.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
Just wish more cards supported A3D 2.0 like the TBSC and GTXP... GTA3 has a3d 2.0 and as good as a3d 1.0 sounds with it i wish i could hear 2.0 on it. That would be a kickass combo. A3D 2.0 on the sensura cards...yummy thoughts

bgates

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2001
The GTXP supports A3D 2.0? I thought it was only 1.0, do I have to do something special to enable it...or is it just selectable in games?

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
see how rumors get started....i was saying I WISH those cards supported it. GTXP and TBSC do in fact NOT support it :mad:

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by williamc on 05/31/02 10:00 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

bgates

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2001
Heh, well your statment could've been read either way! :)

"Just wish more cards supported A3D 2.0 like the TBSC and GTXP..."

It could mean that you wish every soundcard suported 2.0 like the TBSC and GTXP does. Not a dissapointment though, because I already knew it only had 1.0, since it says on the box...2.0 would've been a nice bonus! =/

G

But a simple solution might be to uninstall your current drivers before installing the new ones. Worth giving a whirl.
--------------------------------------------------------

Well, I think that's the funny part.

Because before you can install the new drivers you've got to installed the old (playcenter)and then we start all over again ;)

Maybe it's better to just buy the Audigy Platinum. Altough I read that it will cost me some fps. Working with the T900. So maybe I gonna loose more then 2 fps?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by AndreGP on 06/03/02 05:35 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

TRENDING THREADS