Sign in with
Your question

Wifi booster review

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 20, 2012 9:34:43 PM

I want to use my laptop in my mothers nursing home room ,it will not pick up the internet in the room we have to go to another location which is hard for my mother ,what booster do I need, thankyou we want to skype.

More about : wifi booster review

a b D Laptop
May 20, 2012 10:42:19 PM

What do you think that the issue is, poor signal in her room or an issue with the laptop wifi? Is there a lot of local interference or a poor signal, you can check that out with inSSIDer (freeware: http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/).

Perhaps just adding a USB wireless adapter with a big antenna will work if she has a sufficient signal in her room. The only "booster" that would work would not be something that she could configure, as it would require the person controlling the wireless to do.
m
l
May 20, 2012 11:21:57 PM

thankyou there is no signal in her room at all we go to another room were there is. my laptop wifi works good I just wanted to see if we could get it in her room so we donot have to get her out of bed .my mom is 100
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
May 21, 2012 1:55:35 AM

Nice that you are helping her with this! The problem is that with no signal there is nothing that you can do in her room with the current signal. Is she in a location that Clear is available for wifi or some other Internet connection is possible? How far is she from a good signal?
m
l
May 21, 2012 12:56:36 PM

thankyou yes I will check today how far from the signal she is
m
l
!