Sign in with
Your question

Reboot and select proper boot device windows 7 no disc what should i do

Last response: in Windows 7
April 10, 2012 5:21:17 PM

Hello,

Lastnight I was working on some documents and my computer randomly restarted. Upon restarting I get the message reboot and select proper boot device. This is the first time I have seen it and don't now what to do. I don't have the windows 7 installation disc or any repair discs. I also am unable to press F9 key for system repair. How can I fix this probem.
a b $ Windows 7
April 10, 2012 5:33:04 PM

when booting press f8 to access bios
under boot change your hard drive as first boot device. you can disable the other boot devices to speed up your startup
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
April 10, 2012 6:34:16 PM

Hi :) 

Run a hard drive test in DOS...HIRENS CD etc....

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
Related resources
April 13, 2012 10:32:37 AM

vince13 said:
Hello,

Lastnight I was working on some documents and my computer randomly restarted. Upon restarting I get the message reboot and select proper boot device. This is the first time I have seen it and don't now what to do. I don't have the windows 7 installation disc or any repair discs. I also am unable to press F9 key for system repair. How can I fix this probem.

I'm getting exactly the same problem, my PC has started rebooting randomly and when it restarts the message "reboot and select proper boot device" is also displayed. I'm wondering if you also have a Crucial solid state drive installed? I've had a few problems with SSDs and thinking this is yet another.
Cheers

Andy
m
l
April 13, 2012 10:45:13 AM

The first one.
m
l
!