Dual Video Cards

compradun

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2001
I understand that with W2000 as my op sys, I can install additional video cards. My question is, would that merely create duplicate screens with identical displays or would it simulate the split screen like the dual head video cards?

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
I don't put money on it, but I think if you can do that then you can use one card at the time. There is enough dual view cards out there, just get one of those.

<font color=red>Handsome A7V133 looking for long term relationship with a XP CPU. Prefer non smoker.</font color=red>

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
ahh so you can IRC chat and play quake3 the same time! LOL ;) Another toy I never need but good to know.

<font color=red>Handsome A7V133 looking for long term relationship with a XP CPU. Prefer non smoker.</font color=red>

Smilin

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
It does exactly what you would WANT it to do.

It gives you a desktop that extends to both screens. Heck you can have a window open and partway sticking into each one. You get a duplicate wallpaper on each screen and you get one start bar on your main screen. Everything else treats it like a big desktop.

The coolest thing (and this sounds trivial) is the "banner" or "marqueue" screen saver...the text goes from one screen to another hehe.

I'm running duals right now on XP (w2k does it just fine as well). I have a 21" and a 17". The 17" is to my right and about halfway above the 21". I have it set so that the OS knows the monitors are at different heights so when I drag a window from one to the other it moves smoothly and doesn't "hop up" as it hits the next screen.