Playing music CDs with the GTXP 6.1...

G

I noticed that one more thing the GTXP lacks against the Audigy (besides the craptastic EAX 'Advanced' HD...advanced...right :p) is a third digital input on the card to connect a CD-ROM to. Does this have any noticeable affect on CD sound quality, since it is analog only?

Edit: I also found out that on games the GTXP 6.1 uses "virtual" six channel support, meaning the center channel is a mix of the left and right. Anyone used this card with a 5.1 system? How much is the 3d sound messed up?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by overclocked on 05/29/02 04:21 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Advanced HD is pretty good, from what I hear. Just not enough to make up for the downsides of the Audigy.

If you're using WinXP, you don't need the little cables for audio CDs. Otherwise, there's nothing you can do. I'm not sure why you'd want to be able to play an audio CD in 3 different drives anyway, but whatever.

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
Audio CD's sound wonderfull on the GTXP 6.1, no complaints here. Better than the audigy which is one of the main reasons i converted to it.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out