Aira 5R crossover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi,
I'm new to this group.

I have the Aira 5R MTM speakers which I built some time ago. I love
them but I am have a problem with the tweeter ribbons. They stretch and
distort occasionally, about once every year or so (usually after my
teenager has been using them).

I want to build new x-overs for them. I have been told that I need 6th
order crossovers. The problem is that my tweeters are the older style
Raven 1" with the narrower ribbon and most of the 6th order xovers are
designed for the newer tweeters. Those x-overs won't work with the
older tweeters.

Does anyone here have a 6th order x-over for these older speakers? I
know that when these speakers first came out I saw a lot of discussion
about redesigning the x-overs to protect the tweeters. Of course, now
that I want them I can't find them.

The woofers are Focals 5K 013l.

Thanks for any help. Jim
--
When emailing to me change jb-hammo@pactell.net to "pacbell.net". Thanks

Have you tried contacting Zalytron? They sold the kit you mention, so
I would think they'd have information on the xovers for all iterations.

Tell Elliot he should let audioXpress review the kits and that he has
to be willing to part with a system for a long time because that's the
nature of the review process.

I'm not sure what you mean by the second part of your reply.
Jim

still learning wrote:
> Have you tried contacting Zalytron? They sold the kit you mention, so
> I would think they'd have information on the xovers for all iterations.
>

> Tell Elliot he should let audioXpress review the kits and that he has
> to be willing to part with a system for a long time because that's the
> nature of the review process.

--
When emailing to me change pactell.net to pacbell.net. Thanks

"Jim H" <jb@pactell.net> wrote in message

> Does anyone here have a 6th order x-over for these older speakers? I
> know that when these speakers first came out I saw a lot of discussion
> about redesigning the x-overs to protect the tweeters. Of course, now
> that I want them I can't find them.

Does this have what you want?

http://home.adelphia.net/~dbcraw/aria/testing.htm

Tim

Yes, that's exactly what I needed. Thanks, Jim