Computer software wont run automatically

When I load new software in my CD drive it doesn't run automatically. What can I do?
9 answers Last reply
More about computer software wont automatically
  1. Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\AutoPlay

and set the option to run automatically.
  2. looniam is right assuming you are using windows

and looniam i know u got to poop, but i just went so u might want to wait for it to air out a bit
  3. thanks for the warning :lol:
  4. Anonymous said:
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\AutoPlay

and set the option to run automatically.

Thanks for the info, but I can't figure out how to get to the auto play enabling option in my control panel.
  5. My apologies for not giving you more info about my computor. My control panel doesn't look the same as yours, my operating system is windows 7 home premium, service pack 1, and the catagories displayed in my control panel are (1) system & security, (2) network & internet, (3) hardware & sound problems, (4) user accounts & family safety, (5) appearance & personalization, (6) clock, language, & region, and last (7) ease of access. Theirs no autoplay listed in any of the catagories.
  6. look at the first picture under the "search control panel" at the top right hand side:

VIEW BY: large icons :)

click on Category to change it.
  7. Thanks I was able to do as you directed but the disc still didn't automatically run.
  8. the disk would need to have autorun.inf to start installation automatically.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autorun.inf
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Computers CD Drives Software Windows 7