Closed

Mouse click problem Windows 7

I installed Windows 7 a few months ago, everything was working fine until a few days.

A while after the computer is on, i wannot click anymore neither with my touch pad nor with my external usb mouse....

The cursor moves normally but left clik and right click won't work... if i do CTRL ALT DEL and cancel it works again for a while and then starts again.

The weird part, is it's not alway for the whole screen, sometimes i cannot click windows, sometimes i cannot click the tasl bar, sometimes both...

I really can't seem to find an answer to this problem, i've been thinking it might be a problem of screen refresh as the CTRL ALT DEL solves it for a few minutes, but I'm not sure... Can someone here help me please?

I saw some othher people who seems to have the same problem, but no interesting answers anywhere...

thank you in advance
12 answers Last reply
More about mouse click problem windows
  1. What you see on the screen is a representation of what is in the computer's memory.
    I would do a RAM test, if I were you.

A good RAM test program can be found at http://www.memtest86.com/
  2. Thank you for the answer, the matter was not that...

For those who encouter those problems, i just updated my graphic card drviers with the latest from Nvidia website instead of my computer constructor drivers, since then i don't have anymore problem...
  3. The problem started again.

After few more researchs, i noticed it came from the fact that my mouse is a logitech wireless, i tried new setpoints drivers without any success.

So i just cahnged my mous and now problems are over.... really something logitech as to work on...
  4. I am using Microsoft Ergo mouse. It was working fine, suddenly it behaves as you mentioned. The clicks won't work, sometimes on the taskbar and sometimes on the browser. I had to pull out the batteries and put them back, then it would work for a few mins. It's really Microsoft has to replace all their crappy developers with some real smart developers
  5. The exact same symptoms suddenly appeared here too since yesterday.
    Also using a Logitech wireless mouse.

Here's my full system spec so we could find a common denominator:

MB: Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi/AP (BIOS 1101)
    CPU: C2D 6420 @ 3.2Ghz
    GPU: 2x 4850
    PSU: Tagan 650W
    Keyb/mouse: Logitech wireless desktop
    Sound: Auzentech X-Fi Prelude
    AV: Avast! (wasnt registered, did it now though..)
    Virtual DVD software: Gizmo
  6. Uhm... after messing around for a bit, it seems its a "stuck" mousewheel that's causing this behavior
    (tabs would close when left-clicked in Google Chrome)
  7. I confirm, it's my mouse that fell too many times on the floor...
  8. guys i have the same prob but its not from the mouse
    its from the windows 7 i change 3 mouse delux, and geniune 2 but prob is still here i try with fix on registry windows fix mouse fix and nothing help
  9. Is there any ways to solve this problem. I am also facing this problem. Pls help me i am getting piss off with this bug while playing game =(
  10. I have had the same problem with my z68 board but disabling USB 3 support in bios seems to have solved it. Only problem is that USB 3 ports are no longer available for USB 2 devices. However, I can live with it as my mouse is now working fine.

Have tried different mice, memory configerations & different OC configs and the disabling the USB 3 ports has been my only solution.

If it works for you, spread the word.
  11. Hey reorch,

This is 2 years old thread. Make a new one, your very own.

Those problems are probably fixed already : )
  12. This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Mice