Sign in with
Your question

After installing MSI Bios computer keeps restarting

Last response: in Windows 7
April 10, 2012 9:35:49 PM

I just installed MSI Bios from Live Update and now it is on a restarting loop. It's about to go to the login screen then blacks out for a few seconds then makes this 2 second beep which it has never done before this update, and goes to windows error recovery and giving me two options: Launch startup repair (recommended) or start windows normally. I tried starting normally but it just loops and launching the startup repair doesn't help. What should I do?

Many thanks,
-Andy
a b $ Windows 7
April 10, 2012 9:39:50 PM

Hi :) 

Can you go back to your PREVIOUS Bios ??

You DID save it as suggested of course ?

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
April 10, 2012 9:41:41 PM

How do I go back? The only thing I have is a system image recovery that was last updated maybe a week or so ago. Will that stop the problem?
m
l
Related resources
April 10, 2012 9:52:21 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

Can you go back to your PREVIOUS Bios ??

You DID save it as suggested of course ?

All the best Brett :) 

How do I go back? The only thing I have is a system image recovery that was last updated maybe a week or so ago. Will that stop the problem?
m
l
April 10, 2012 10:04:13 PM

Sounds like you flashed the wrong BIOS. Go to their site and look up how to do a BIOS update via a floppy disk or USB drive and follow the directions with the proper BIOS for your motherboard. You could try disconnecting your PC from A/C power and resetting your CMOS memory.
m
l
April 10, 2012 10:22:37 PM

Jim_L9 said:
Sounds like you flashed the wrong BIOS. Go to their site and look up how to do a BIOS update via a floppy disk or USB drive and follow the directions with the proper BIOS for your motherboard. You could try disconnecting your PC from A/C power and resetting your CMOS memory.

How do I reset my CMOS memory?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
April 10, 2012 10:36:15 PM

Look for a jumper switch on the motherboard. Check the motherbaord manual.
Also, removing the CMOS battery can reset the CMOS in some systems.
m
l
!