Sign in with
Your question

Toshiba laptop dropping internet connection once unplugging the power cord from

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 21, 2012 4:54:27 PM

Once I unplug my toshiba saelillite power cord from the laptop itself, I lose my internet connection. Once I plug power cord back into the laptop, I am back online. What do I need to do to fix this?
a b D Laptop
May 21, 2012 5:38:28 PM

Change your power plan wireless setting -- go to Power Options control panel, for whichever is checked select change plan settings, then change advanced power settings, choose wireless adapter settings, and change the power saving mode to maximum performance.
May 28, 2012 4:16:59 AM

thanks. i'll give it a go. will let yoy know how it turns out. thanks
Related resources
May 28, 2012 4:43:42 AM

All my settings were already set up as you stated. I restarted my computer after checking. Got online, connected to my network/ internet, unplugged the power cord and lost internet access immediately. So the problem is still present. Thanks...
a b D Laptop
May 28, 2012 2:41:43 PM

If it isn't MS, then it sounds like a manufacturer power saving utility that loads at startup -- check your manual for any power saving programs they install, also you can check your services running to find it.
May 28, 2012 4:00:22 PM

Thanks. I'll give it a try....
June 8, 2012 6:36:51 PM

I think Realbeast is on to what your problem is. Go under your power options, for a laptop there should be two sections. One for when your laptop is plugged in, and a second one for when your laptop is unplugged. Change the unplugged section to max performance and see if that helps.

!