Desktop Shortcuts and keyboard don't work

My desktop shortcuts and keyboard don't work anymore on my Dell. We had a virus but removed it, very once in a while it would work for a minute but it doesn't work at all anymore! We can't do much without typing. We tried installing other keyboards,wireless and USB, but same problem, they don't work. The Desktop shortcuts would work if you right click and hit open but now it won't right click. So I have to find the program in all programs and open it. Please help!!!
9 answers Last reply
More about desktop shortcuts keyboard work
  1. reinstall windows?
  2. Do happen to remember the virus that was removed? Like lookerup says, you can probably reinstall Windows and do a repair. See if that helps.
  3. Hi :)

HOW did you remove the virus as I think part of it is still there...and I fix them every day...

All the best Brett :)
  4. With malwarebytes anti-malware. I'm not sure what the virus was though.
  5. xunicronx said:
    Do happen to remember the virus that was removed? Like lookerup says, you can probably reinstall Windows and do a repair. See if that helps.

It didn't work. I also ran disc defragmenter just to clean it up a bit but nothing helped.
  6. did you reformat your computer?
  7. use a anti virus to scan for virus AVAST is a good one.
  8. Did you try a different USB port? Have tried reconnecting to the infrared hub? Have you tried installing new batteries? Do you have the driver installation disc for the keyboard/mouse? Try reinstalling the drivers from Dell.com if you can. See if that helps. Try clearing the CMOS, too.
  9. I can't do much because I can't type. This is on my iPad.
Ask a new question

Read More

Desktops Keyboards Windows 7