Your question

Desktop Shortcuts and keyboard don't work

Tags:
  • Desktops
  • Keyboards
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
April 11, 2012 12:53:20 AM

My desktop shortcuts and keyboard don't work anymore on my Dell. We had a virus but removed it, very once in a while it would work for a minute but it doesn't work at all anymore! We can't do much without typing. We tried installing other keyboards,wireless and USB, but same problem, they don't work. The Desktop shortcuts would work if you right click and hit open but now it won't right click. So I have to find the program in all programs and open it. Please help!!!

More about : desktop shortcuts keyboard work

April 11, 2012 1:00:38 AM

reinstall windows?
m
l
April 11, 2012 1:28:45 AM

Do happen to remember the virus that was removed? Like lookerup says, you can probably reinstall Windows and do a repair. See if that helps.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
April 11, 2012 1:37:52 AM

Hi :) 

HOW did you remove the virus as I think part of it is still there...and I fix them every day...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
April 11, 2012 1:48:35 AM

With malwarebytes anti-malware. I'm not sure what the virus was though.
m
l
April 11, 2012 1:50:30 AM

xunicronx said:
Do happen to remember the virus that was removed? Like lookerup says, you can probably reinstall Windows and do a repair. See if that helps.

It didn't work. I also ran disc defragmenter just to clean it up a bit but nothing helped.
m
l
April 11, 2012 2:01:59 AM

did you reformat your computer?
m
l
April 11, 2012 2:02:38 AM

use a anti virus to scan for virus AVAST is a good one.
m
l
April 11, 2012 2:11:22 AM

Did you try a different USB port? Have tried reconnecting to the infrared hub? Have you tried installing new batteries? Do you have the driver installation disc for the keyboard/mouse? Try reinstalling the drivers from Dell.com if you can. See if that helps. Try clearing the CMOS, too.
m
l
April 11, 2012 9:26:56 PM

I can't do much because I can't type. This is on my iPad.
m
l