Sound card mixer quality question

Last response: in Home Audio
May 5, 2005 1:08:46 PM

Thanks for putting up with this amateur question. Will a new sound card by
itself make a better home recording or will I need a better mixer as well?
My cheap radio shack mixer doesn't even seem have an effect on the basic
volume levels. I am using good quality condenser microphones. I am using
the onboard sound (5.1 channel) from my Asus A7v8x-x MB currently.
TIA
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 4:05:46 PM

"B. Oogey" <BoogeyOogeynot@southhampton.nl> writes:

> Thanks for putting up with this amateur question. Will a new sound card by
> itself make a better home recording or will I need a better mixer as well?
> My cheap radio shack mixer doesn't even seem have an effect on the basic
> volume levels. I am using good quality condenser microphones. I am using
> the onboard sound (5.1 channel) from my Asus A7v8x-x MB currently.
> TIA

What's wrong with what you're currently getting?
--
Randy Yates
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications