Syncing Palm device in Linux with USB port

May 1, 2004 3:27:01 PM

Hi,

I am trying to write a USB device driver for an old Palm PDA(Palm
IIIc). I know that there is a driver called visor which is available
for newer models of Palm. But my question is:
* this particular driver(visor) uses the usb-serial framework for the
PDA's. Why should I use a usb-serial converter framework when I can
use just the usb framework for my PDA which I connect using the usb
port. Is there any requirement for the PDA's for the usb-serial
converter to connect. I would really appreciate if somebody could
explain this to me.

Thanks,
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 12:32:17 AM

On Sat, 01 May 2004 11:27:01 -0700, kon wrote:

> Is there any requirement for the PDA's for the usb-serial converter to
> connect. I would really appreciate if somebody could explain this to me.

We have about 90% of this completed, using libusb directly, in
pilot-link. If you can wait for 0.12.0, it should be delivered with that
release.

Incidentally, IIIc is a serial-only device. How did you modify
the system board and OS to use USB instead?